“Overnight stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Newcastle
Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Newcastle
Dundrum, United Kingdom
“Overnight stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Rooms 2 star. Staff 5 star. Gym 1 star -some equipment out of order for months. Gym management not in touch with users and hasn't a clue. Food 3 star- if u are fussy about your steak don't have one. Great views of the Mourne mountains.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marty C
DenisOrr, General Manager at Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to place a review of your stay at the Burrendale Hotel. I must apologise that your experience of the Burrendale Hotel wasn't to our normal high standard, as noted from previous reviews our food and service has scored top marks with our guests.

Your feedback is very valuable to the future experiences of our guests and have confidence that we take it seriously.

Denis Orr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

As my title says not all aspects of our stay could be described as 4*. Check-in was warm and friendly and the short walk to our room was along a clean bright corridor. Our room was just about adequately sized but the bed was certainly not as it was one of the smallest doubles I've ever had to sleep in. The bathroom certainly needs the attention of someone who knows what they are doing with a tube of silicon!! The last person who used it here plastered it over mould and all round the base of the toilet leaving the bathroom looking second rate.

The hotel has a spacious lounge with an adjoning bar. There was entertainment provided which was very enjoyable and made for a good evening.

Breakfast was certainly up to standard with all tastes provided for.

In summary the cost we paid - £70 for a late availability offer - was probably just about right but I certainly wouldn't be prepared to pay any more if being allocated the same room.

2 Thank Alasdair50
DenisOrr, General Manager at Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Guest

I wish to respond to you and hopfully re-establish your confidence in our product. I must apologise that your experience of the Burrendale Hotel wasn't to our normal high standard, as noted from previous reviews our food and service has scored top marks with our guests.

Carrickfergus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We decided to book our week-end say at the Burrendale after a group of us had been there for lunch a few weeks previous.
Check- in was very efficient and our room was lovely it was overlooking the Mourn mountains. Very comfortable beds with lovely all white bedding.
As a surprise, friends had ordered wine and fruit to be in our room on arrival as we were there to celebrate our 2nd Anniversary. The fruit was delicious, it wasn't just a load of fruit dumped on a plate, there was sliced pineapple, wee oranges (peeled and segmented) plums - sliced and strawberries,apples and grapes. The wine we brought home to enjoy at a later date.
We ate in the Cottage Bar on the Friday night and the food was delicious and the service was excellent. Saturday night we dined in the Vine Restaurant and again the food was delicious and the service extreemly good. The girls were so pleasant and very attentive.
After dinner on both evenings there was entertainment which everyone enjoyed and there was a lot of dancing (not by me).
Breakfasts were super and there was plenty of choice.
As we were there only 2 days we didn't really have time to visit the pool but we look forward to that on our next visit which I hope will be very soon and perhaps for 3 days. I have started dropping hints already.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel do have lovely views over the Mourn Mountains
2 Thank Crusader1
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write your review and also for choosing to stay with us at the Burrendale Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us, we strive to exceed all of our guests expectations, I trust that we have exceeded yours.

Thank you for the wonderful feedback on our staff and also our cuisine. We would love to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to stay with us in the future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We took my auntie out today Sunday 17/11 we went to the Burrendale for lunch I had liver & bacon {something I don't cook much ]very good choice Desi & my auntie has roast of the day which was silver side of beef all served with fresh veg , Desi & I shared a lovely bread & butter pudding with custard & ice cream .my auntie had a small ice cream with
2 choc sticks & mallows . I enjoy the friendly welcome one gets from the staff ,my auntie thought Sauneen was a lovely wee girl ! not for getting the 2 guys who served us also.

Room Tip: as we just popped in for lunch I could not comment on the rooms but if I were to stay I would pay fo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review with regards your recent dining experience at the Burrendale Hotel. We at the Burrendale Hotel pride ourselves in providing quality food and quality service, it is pleasing to read that this has been achieved. We look forward to your return visits in the near future.

Newry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Just wanted to commend you on your wonderful hotel, clearly you know how to run a hotel. was welcomed at reception by some lovely staff, and swiftly checked in. the room was lovely, worth the money. we then went down to the lounge area for some drinks where a lovely young lady called Kaitlin served us, she was polite and had good knowledge of what was available at the bar (clearly well trained). Breakfast the next morning was delicious, lovely sausages and eggs (clearly free range). i would definately recommend this hotel to others and will most certainly be back.

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to write your review and also for choosing to stay with us at The Burrendale Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. We strive to exceed all of our guest's expectations and I trust that we have exceeded yours. Thank you for the wonderful comments on our staff and also our cuisine, which I am thrilled you enjoyed. We would love to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to stay at the Burrendale Hotel in the not too distant future.

Lisburn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed here for the first time from 3rd to 5th October 2013.
Reception staff were efficient and friendly. A small lift was available to our first floor room, which was well appointed and at the front of the hotel - with a view of the Mourne Mountains - as requested (£10 per day extra, but worth it).
We had the Burrendale's "Afternoon Tea" which was fantastic value for money (£12:50 per person); because it was more than we could eat - attractive baskets were provided for us to take uneaten items to our room, to eat later.
I used the Spa for a swim and relaxed in the Jacouzzi at 7am. on our second day.the swimming pool was a good size and well maintained.
In the afternoon I had a very pleasant and relaxing "back massage" by Tara who was personable, professional and highly skilled; I "chilled-out" afterwards in a separate relaxation area, on a comfortable couch, and enjoyed a pleasant and refreshing fruit cocktail (included in the very reasonable price). Highly recommended.
We had dinner on the second day; the service and hospitality shown by the waiters was excellent and we had a most enjoyable meal that was "tasty" and well presented. The "floor manager" enquired twice, during our four courses, to find out if everything was to our satisfaction (which it was).
We only experienced one minor defect, with our bathroom wash-basin plug, and this was rectified, at our convenience, the following morning - without "fuss".
The hotel's General Manager, Mr Denis Orr, greeted us while we had Afternoon Tea on our first day - enquiring as to our experiences of the hotel's facilities/service and offering us his help, if required. This was appreciated.
I did write to him following our "stay" to give him feedback on our experience - before giving this review. His reply was a little late, because he had been on holiday, but he was grateful for my "feedback".
Highly recommended; we will return again when possible.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel - to guarntee a view of The Mourne Mountains; cost currentl...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Robert W
Dear Guest

I wish to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent experience at the Burrendale Hotel, Country Club and Spa.

Your kind comments have been passed through to all our departments and have given our staff a very nice boost to morale, something which is always important to ensure the continuation of our four star service. We at the Burrendale Hotel pride ourselves in providing quality service and quality food it is pleasing to read that this has been achieved.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Burrendale Hotel in the near future.

Downpatrick, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

The rooms where nice although there was knocking in the heating system. Which meant when the heating came on in the morning the radiator made a knocking noise. This is due to air in the pipes. I told the reception and they said they would log it in the book. No compensation for being woke early. Then again no charge for the wake up call. The meal in the restaurant was very dear. For a 2 course meal for two and a bottle of house wine totalled £70.10. Don't think I'd stay here again. For the price of this weekend I could have went abroad.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ryan B
DenisOrr, General Manager at Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I would like to apologise for the disappointing aspects of your stay.

We at the Burrendale pride ourselves on providing quality food and quality service, we also feel this is reflected in the price of both food and drink in the hotel, which is on par if not more competitive with other local hotels and restaurants alike.

Please be assured that all feedback is used to improve the service we offer and i do hope to welcome you back to the Burrendale in the not too distant future,

Denis Orr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle
Donard Hotel
La Mon Hotel & Country Club
Canal Court Hotel & Spa
Mourne Country Hotel
Slieve Donard Resort and Spa

Been to Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa? Share your experiences!