We had a one night stop over (which we do fairly often) and dined in the Vine Restaurant.
As usual (in our experience) we had an excellent meal, well cooked & presented and very tasty. None of the four were disappointed. The staff were friendly & attentive and there was a nice buzz about the place.
Breakfast was an excellent buffet and a pleasant fill up before our departure.
I didn't go to the Leisure Centre or Spa so cannot comment on that part of the hotel.
The standard rooms are clean and spacious for two people. We always ask for view of the Mournes which present you with an ever changing landscape.
All in all a most enjoyable meal and night. We will be back again ......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northern Irelands latest 4 Star Hotel, located just 45 minutes from Belfast or Newry, 90 minutes from Dublin and a 10 minute walk from the seaside town of Newcastle, The Burrendale Hotel is within an easy distance, making it the ideal destination for your holiday in Ireland. Our friendly staff, bright, airy rooms and great food along with spectacular views over the Mourne Mountains make the perfect combination for your stay at the Burrendale Hotel to be one to remember. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Burrendale Hotel, Country Club And Spa
- Burrendale Hotel, Country Club Hotel Newcastle
- Burrendale Hotel Newcastle
- Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa Newcastle, Northern Ireland