Family of 8 adults and 5 children stayed overnight for my 60th birthday. Plenty of free parking spaces .Checkin was quick and family rooms were next door to each other.Cots arrived for the young ones with no problem. Family rooms had double bed and bunks which the older children loved.
We had a room on the top floor large modern big bed table chairs and a sofa plenty of space. A Juliette balcony with views of Slieve Donard and Newcastle was splendid.
The bathroom had a separate shower and bath, however there was only a soap dispenser no shampoo, conditioner etc and no facecloth.
Food at dinner was tasty and childrens menu was also varied and good. There was a dance later which the children loved and so did the adults.
I found the spa treatments very relaxing however when waiting for the treatments it is a very
busy area as the residents go through here to the pool.
We had breakfast in bed arrived at 7.30 am instead of an hour later. Two poached eggs
floating round a large dinner plate is not very appealing so early in the morning or at any time. PLEASE put the toast with the eggs and not separate, also expected fruit with yogurt as on the menu list got a fruit yogurt. At £5 each definatly not worth room service.
Check out was swift no problems. Would we go back yes but only on a special deal. A few niggles do take the shine of the stay especially if you were paying full rack rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northern Irelands latest 4 Star Hotel, located just 45 minutes from Belfast or Newry, 90 minutes from Dublin and a 10 minute walk from the seaside town of Newcastle, The Burrendale Hotel is within an easy distance, making it the ideal destination for your holiday in Ireland. Our friendly staff, bright, airy rooms and great food along with spectacular views over the Mourne Mountains make the perfect combination for your stay at the Burrendale Hotel to be one to remember. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Burrendale Hotel, Country Club And Spa
- Burrendale Hotel, Country Club Hotel Newcastle
- Burrendale Hotel Newcastle
- Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa Newcastle, Northern Ireland