My husband and I have been experiencing an extremely stressful time as our nephew, aged 37, was close to death with cancer. At this time of year we usually have a week's holiday abroad but chose Newcastle this time because we could get home quickly if necessary. We spent 3 remarkable days -included the two days' perfect weather a couple of weeks ago. We couldn't speak highly enough of the care and attention received by the staff and they knew nothing of our circumstances. I was asked to play the organ at another funeral to take place the day we were due to go home. I didn't have one of the pieces of music and tried to get it from a friend in Newcastle. Friend not at home. What did the receptionist do? She was so busy -looked as if she was working on three phones at once yet she looked up the internet and had it printed perfectly for me in minutes. As we entered the restaurant for our first breakfast there was a family we knew well but hadn't seen for a while. No idea they were coming and vice versa. Their son had just said he would love to speak to my husband for advice on a very difficult situation - and we walked in and stayed the same three days. No co-incidence. They often stay with you while it was our first time. Being people of prayer we can say, 'God is good!' Incidentally our nephew went to Glory less than a week after our return home. We will be back with you a.s.a.p. and that's definite!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northern Irelands latest 4 Star Hotel, located just 45 minutes from Belfast or Newry, 90 minutes from Dublin and a 10 minute walk from the seaside town of Newcastle, The Burrendale Hotel is within an easy distance, making it the ideal destination for your holiday in Ireland. Our friendly staff, bright, airy rooms and great food along with spectacular views over the Mourne Mountains make the perfect combination for your stay at the Burrendale Hotel to be one to remember. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Burrendale Hotel, Country Club And Spa
- Burrendale Hotel, Country Club Hotel Newcastle
- Burrendale Hotel Newcastle
- Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa Newcastle, Northern Ireland