“Other hotels could learn a lot from the customer service provided at the burrendale”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Newcastle
Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Newcastle
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I have just returned from a 3 night break at the burrendale hotel with my husband and my parents and have to say that it was a marvellous experience, other hotels could learn a lot from the customer service provided by the burrendale staff, from the moment myself, my husband and my parents arrived, the staff couldn't do enough to help us, i did find the bedroom slightly warm but when my husband spoke to reception they sent up a fan which was a great help. We ate in the cottage kitchen on sat night and the food was second to none, fast service and very helpful staff once again. My parents have already asked me to book for them again as they enjoyed it so much. I would find it really difficult to find anything negative to say about this hotel and would highly reccomend it to all age groups as my husband and i are early thirties and my parents sixties.

Room Tip: if walking difficulties request a ground floor
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
DenisOrr, General Manager at Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Dear Guest
I wish to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent experience at the Burrendale Hotel, Country Club and Spa. Your kind comments have been passed through to all our departments and have given our staff a very nice boost to morale, something which is always important to ensure the continuation of our four star service. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Burrendale Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

This is the third time I have stayed at the Burrendale and each experience has been excellent. From the welcome as you walk in the door, to the farewell when checking out it is a wonderful place to stay. The rooms are spacious, clean, well equipped and have very comfortable beds. The bar serves great food and always does it's best to accommodate the sports fans among us. The breakfast has plenty of choice and plenty of everything! And the staff are just brilliant; helpful, friendly, efficient, excellent!

Room Tip: The higher the number of your room the farther from the recpetion and bar area, but with stairs and...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
DenisOrr, General Manager at Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Dear Guest
Delighted that you took the time to write a review of the Burrendale Hotel. Thank you for the very positive comments on accommodation, food and indeed the staff. We look forward to the next time you stay with us and hope you continue to enjoy visiting the Burrendale Hotel, Country Club and Spa.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

I have just spent three nights here with three pals on a golfing break and we all agreed that you would have to go a lomg way to better this hotel. The only time I have experienced such friendly and helpful staff I had to go all the way to Grenada to get it! All the staff without exception were happy and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The food was fantastic, rooms were spotless and very comfortable in fact the whole hotel was perfect. I myself didn't use the pool or spa but a couple of my mates did and they said it was like everything about this hotel-first class.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time and effort to write your review and also for choosing to stay with us at the Burrendale Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. We strive to exceed all of our guests expectations and I trust that we have exceeded yours. We would love to have the opportunity of welcoming you back through our doors.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Did a one night B/B, evening meal and spa treatment with sisters a few weeks ago. We had a really great time. Food was excellent, both dinner and breakfast. Rooms were spotless. Spa treatments were just what the doctor ordered. Best of all were the staff. Everyone of them was lovely, responsive and pleasant. Would highly recommend the Burrendale.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
DenisOrr, General Manager at Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. It is great to read your comments about encounters with the staff which they appreciate. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Just back from a fantastic few days at this lovely hotel. I could not believe the offer I got - three days for the price of two with an evening meal. The staff in the hotel were lovely - very helpful and accommodating. The food was lovely - service was good but a little on the quick side for my liking! The spa, gym and beauty salon mean if you really wanted to you would not have to leave this hotel during your stay! Rooms were large and comforatable and well equipped with a TV, hospitality tray, desk, good storage and even an ironing board and iron (should the notion take you!). If you want to pick holes, it was a shame there wasn't a mini bar or some sort of fridge and the TV was a little dated but it was still a flatscreen and it had plenty of chanels to choose from. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent experience at the Burrendale Hotel, Country Club and Spa. We at the Burrendale Hotel pride ourselves in providing quality food and quality service, it is pleasing to read that this has been achieved. We look forward to your return visits in the future.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

We recently had a two night stay at the Burrendale Hotel, situated on the outskirts of Newcastle, Co. Down. The hotel is very clean and tidy. Our room was well equipped and also spotlessly clean. We ate in the cottage kitchen bistro and the food was very good, and although the service did take a while on one evening, the bistro was quite full to capacity. We enjoyed the entertainment on the Sunday evening of our stay, and we would certainly return.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on the Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa. We appreciate the opportunity to have you as a guest and look forward to your return visits in the near future.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

My friend and I recently took advantage of the Burrendale's pamper offer - bed, breakfast, evening meal, two treatments in the Spa and use of the facilities. Wonderful experience - pleasant and efficient staff, beautiful room with great views, lovely food, and the Sunday evening entertainment with Finbar was great. Our two treatments, back massage and a facial, were the best we ever experienced. Thoroughly recommended and hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest
Thank you for your recent review of the Burrendale Hotel. I was pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us, I will pass on your comments to the girls in the spa it is greatly appreciated. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to us soon.
Denis Orr

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle
Donard Hotel
Slieve Donard Resort and Spa
The Mourne Lodge
The Mourne Lodge
#1 of 7 in Kilkeel

Been to Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa? Share your experiences!