“A very relaxing hotel and pamper break away.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Newcastle
Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Newcastle
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed a night away with my friend relaxing in the comfort of the Burrendale. The room was very spacious with 2 large double beds.
On checkout the following day we spent an hour in the swimming pool, steam room and jacuzzi before completely relaxing for a few hours in the spa.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Siobhan2010
DenisOrr, General Manager at Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write to a review on Trip advisor. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your very kind comments regarding the Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Burrendale Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Just back from a stay in The Burrendale Hotel. My husband, two grand-children aged 11 and 7 years and myself stayed three nighst for the price of two, bed and breakfast and one evening meal.

When we arrived we were greeted by helpful and friendly staff. Our room with 2 doubles and beautiful views was spacious, with very comfortable beds and everything we needed. The room and bathroom was kept spotlessly clean by staff.

Spa area was very inviting with many facilities. Our grand-children enjoyed the pool while we enjoyed the jucuzzi, steam room etc. The highlight of our stay was the food. Breakfasts were excellent with plenty of variety and no need to go looking for somewhere good to eat in the evenings. The menu was really good and the standard and presentation of food was second to none. The children were well catered for also.

Last but not least was the friendly and helpful staff. Nothing was too much trouble and every single member of staff was really well turned out and very professional.

We will definitely be back soon!

Elma Hamilton (Ballyclare)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ELMA H
DenisOrr, General Manager at Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your recent review of the Burrendale Hotel Country Club & Spa. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and of the high praise you had for the Hotel in general. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team here at the hotel. We very much look foward to welcoming you back to us very soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

We called in - looking for something to eat as a High Tea and were not disappointed.
Bar menu offered a lot of choices.
Food was speedy and the liver was to die for!
I raved about it so much that we had to make another visit so that my husband could sample it himself.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
DenisOrr, General Manager at Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent dining experience at the Burrendale Hotel, Country Club and Spa. We at the Burrendale Hotel pride ourselves in providing quality food and quality service, it is pleasing to read that this has been achieved. We look forward to your return visits in the near future.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed our overnight stay at the burrendale food and accommadation first class spa was great to relax in

DenisOrr, General Manager at Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of the Burrendale Hotel Country Club & Spa on Trip Advisor. We are delighted you enjoyed our food, accommodation and Spa experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Burrendale Hotel Country Club & Spa in the very near future.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

This hotel on the outskirts of the town has lovely views over the mountains. The bedrooms are good. A decent size, clean and well-presented with very comfortable beds.

The best part of the stay was the meal (included in our deal) in the Vine Restaurant. It was absolutely superb. The quality of the food blew me away. Absolutely delicious from start-to-finish, completely unexpected.

Ordering drinks in the lounge could take a while, but the staff were very polite, friendly and cheerful. And the view over the mountain was lovely. We visited the spa, which felt appropriately indulgent!

My one & only niggle was the the receptionist who checked me in. She made me feel a bit useless when I asked about the lifts. I'm aware it's only six steps to the first floor where I can then get a lift (a fact that was repeated a few times when I tried to clarify information about the lift from ground floor to first floor) but please don't assume that a person who looks able-bodied is able to carry their luggage up any steps (I felt that the insinuation was that I was being a bit lazy).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest
We are pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Burrendale Hotel Country Club & Spa and that you found are accommodation to be very comfortable and are food in the Vine restaurant to be first rate as well. It is pleasing to know that our efforts have been rewarded by your lovely comments. Many thanks for taking the time to make your views known it is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

I should start my saying my wife & I stayed one night on a deal which was good value for money at £35 pps. The hotel is not new but is in well maintained, our room was a good size, nicely furnished and clean. We ate in the restaurant and the good was good and reasonable value at £0 for excluding drinks. I particularly enjoyed the gym facilities. The stand out feature for me was the staff who really made an effort - particularly in the leisure centre.The area: The hotel is located in the village of Newcastle which is dominated by the Mourne mountains, the village had a good range of small shops and restaurants & we spent an enjoyable day there.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for posting your review about the Burrendale Hotel on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you were happy with the services provided by our team here especially the country club experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa in the near future.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Just bac from a 3 night stay and have to say it was my first at the burrendale and wont be the last. Great service and really welcoming staff ohhh and the food mmmm best we've had in a hotel for a long time.. Only let down was the weather, bur once it picks up again we'll be packing our bags and heading back down sometime soon .

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank biglad45
DenisOrr, General Manager at Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking time out of your day to review the Burrendale Hotel. We certainly appreciate the opportunity to have you as a guest and look forward to your return visits in the future.
Yours Sincerely
Denis Orr

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle
Donard Hotel
Slieve Donard Resort and Spa
The Mourne Lodge
The Mourne Lodge
#1 of 7 in Kilkeel

Been to Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa? Share your experiences!