“Relaxing, fun experience. We loved it and we'll be back.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Newcastle
Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Newcastle
Reviewed July 9, 2011

The facilities and staff are second to none. Nothing was too much trouble, the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly, the hotel is spotlessly clean throughout.
We ate at the restaurant and the food was wonderful.
The swimming pool is great and has an excellent kids pool. There are family changing rooms which are great.
The spa is first class and you are guaranteed a pampering experience to remember. There is a hair salon in the hotel, which is very handy, and we wre impressed.
Our rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable, the view stunning.
I cannot recommend the hotel highly enough.
We were very sad to be going home.
The location is excellent, the surrounding views stunning, and olny a mile or so from Newcasle.

Room Tip: Ask about special offers - they are
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,051)

Reviewed June 7, 2011

We have just returned after spending two days at The Burrendale, and I would strongly recommend it to anyone looking for a good value break, with excellent facilites and service.

From the minute we entered the hotel, the staff were all friendly and approchable. A special thanks to Zandra on reception who sorted out our room for us, as the initial room we were given was a bit small, when we asked to change she immediatley organised it with minimum delay.

Food was fine, not so good on first night of our stay, bit " overcooked" but much better the second night. Despite a wedding being held at the hotel, this in no way distracted from the other customers. There is a lovely lounge in which to sit and " chill out" and as it was very chilly outside this was most welcome.

I didn't use the Spa facilites so cant comment. other than to say its a good excuse for a return visit.

Definitley recommend .

Room Tip: If possible pay a bit extra for The Ambassador .
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BelfastSupermum
Reviewed June 2, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions and I just want to say that each time I stay it gets even better.
There is absolutely nothing that I can fault about the accomodation,services, food and staff.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kerrymcewan1
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I can tthoroughly recommend the Spa at the Burrendale. A few of us booked treatments there just for fun and it really was! We had a lovely lunch in the Spa reception area at a really reasonable price with complimentary tea or coffee. Reception staff and therapists were all very pleasant and attentive and my aroma facial with neck and shoulder massage was so relaxing that it sent me off to sleep. Brilliant!

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I take my hat off to these guys because they have to compete with The Sleive Donard in the same town.The Burrendale has its own carpark around the hotel nestled under some trees,its only a short walk from the town,so its perfect if you want to be near the town yet enjoy the peace of being outside it. I really can't really fault anything about this place.the food is good,staff are friendly and facilities are good.there is also a nice bar at it too. With the health Spa, it would be possible to never leave this place. though the Mournes do look nice if you are into hill walking. I enjoy somewhere nice to stay, and for me The Burrendale ticked all the boxes,my advice would be book it without fear of being disappointed,they'l offer you a big Co-Down welcome and i'm from Tyrone. lol I will definitely be going back is the best recommendation i can give you.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2011

Sun - Wed Three night break 3B&B 1 evening meal £89 - what fantastic value - no wonder the hotel was full! Sunday evening entertainment - superb. Room lovely with beautiful views over the Mournes. Staff most friendly and cooperative as usual. Food excellent. Will be back again in the Autumn

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view to the Mournes
Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2011

My friend and I both really enjoyed our stay here. The staff couldn't have been nicer; the food was just wonderful, and the views from the hotel are so beautiful.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle
1 mi away
Crowne Plaza Belfast
#12 of 46 in Belfast
17 mi away
Mourne Country Hotel

Been to Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa? Share your experiences!