Stayed for a few days at Slieve Donard last week and was impressed by the grandness of the building (Victorian railway hotel). Fabulous location with immediate access to beach and the attractive town of Newcastle. Magnificent view of Mournes from the dining room.
Staff helpful and cheerful generally. Price of drinks highway robbery.
Bedrooms large enough to house a homeless family and the shower cubicle adequate size to bath all the kids in one go. Short folks may need to request a ladder to climb into bed as fitted with very, very deep mattress.
Would recommend this hotel for golfing types with deep pockets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling at the foot of the Mourne Mountains, the Slieve Donard stands in six acres of private grounds, and is one of Northern Ireland's most popular hotels. The luxurious ESPA Spa commands spectacular panoramic views of the County Down coastline and Mountains of Mourne and provides a perfect oasis of tranquility rivals any spa in Europe today. This superbly maintained Victorian hotel is equally suited to a short break, residential conference or grand event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Slieve Donard Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Slieve Donard Newcastle
- Donard Hotel Slieve
- Donard Hotel Newcastle Slieve
- Slieve Donard Hotel Newcastle
- Slieve Donard Resort And Spa Newcastle, Northern Ireland