3,575 results
All reviewsoak restaurantpercy frenchslieve donardlighthouse loungemourne mountainsvitality poolresort roomssea viewbeautiful hotelirish seasteam roomsuperior roomporridgehastings hotelsrestaurant managerbuffet stylefirst class
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Only was able to give 3 days notice for a one night stay for our anniversary and asked for a room with a view, didn't get one which was fair enough at short notice. When we arrived in our room the view was poor but i was pleased that the hotel were thoughtful enough to leave a card for my wife and a few sweets. However the card was a 'Happy Birthday' card not a 'Happy Anniversay' one which took the shine of things. Ah well.

• Stayed: June 2013
General_Manager_JT, General Manager at Slieve Donard Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for your review.

Regarding your request for an upgrade to a sea view room please be assured that when there is availability we try to accommodate our guests requests however during your stay all of these rooms were occupied.

Please accept our apologies for the mix up with your wife's card. It is always our aim to acknowledge guests' special occasions however, in our eagerness we seem to have made a mistake. Please be assured that we will take greater care in the future.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Due to illness it has been too long since by last stay at the Slieve Donard - and my memory had not played tricks on me. This is my absolute favourite hotel and I relax the minute I arrive. The staff at reception were very welcoming and an added bonus was that our room was ready early. Had a gorgeous meal in the Lighthouse Lounge and a lovely few hours at the pool, sauna, jacuzzi. Another great meal followed at The Percy French (our waiter was delightful) with a wonderful table at a large window overlooking the sea. Great food and great wine. Even though there were 2 weddings on the level of service was excellent throughout our stay. I will be back as I have already got a queue of friends forming to come and see this fantastic hotel. My little corner of the world!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Check in was typical big hotel. Wifi was nearly $20us per day which is ridiculous for a suite that cost us over $600 usd. That set a bad tone. I had a massage which was lovely but the price was $200us. Breakfast was included but we were told coffee was extra. When i asked for a cappuccino I was told it would take 30 minutes to heat up the machine. Really? Couldn't believe it. as it turned out we weren't charged for the cup of coffee. Beautiful hotel and the bed was super comfortable.

Room Tip: We had room 340 overlooking the sea which was lovely
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lesliebauman

Thank you for your review.

I am glad that you found the view from your room to be 'wonderful'. We are very lucky to be situated in an area of such outstanding natural beauty and I am pleased that your room allocation allowed you to fully appreciate the local area.

Thank you for your feedback on the price of WIFI and your Spa Treatments. Please be assured that we will take your comments into consideration for future development.

Regarding your concerns on coffee served at breakfast, I can clarify that both tea and coffee are complimentary. Speciality coffee such as cappuccinos and lattes are not served with breakfast as standard.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Wow my husband and I have just returned from a lovely second stay in the Slieve Donard. The Hotel did not disappoint again. The room 159 was large and bright and with a bed that Finn McCool (Our local friendly giant) himself could sleep in. The weather of the weekend 8th and 9th June 2013 was excellent allowing us to sunbath on the beach (not very often in Northern Ireland). The breakfast in the hotel is super with a wide range of both hot and cold dishes to choose from and the staff are very helpful, We dined in the hotel on the Sunday night our Wedding Anniversary, our meal was beautiful with a lot of local produce finished off with a lovely bottle of red wine. We finished the night with cocktails in the Charlie Chaplin lounge, they make a superb Pina Colada, fresh ingredients none of this pre made rubbish and the staff, Ciaran and Catherine espeically, always have some friendly banter, they are a credit to the Hotel. Hopefuly we will return soon. If your looking a little luxury we would recommend the Slieve Donard. Thanks. j and j kelly

Room Tip: Sea view if you can get it
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The Sliver Donard is quite possibly the best hotel in Northern Ireland, from the staff, room and food to the stunning location it is faultless, I can't wait to visit again! My only tiny complaint was that our meal was carvery style rather than table de hotel, that's the one small thing I can think of that wasn't perfect. The spa was fantastic and the grounds are beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2012