3,574 results
All reviewsoak restaurantpercy frenchslieve donardlighthouse loungemourne mountainsvitality poolresort roomssea viewbeautiful hotelirish seasteam roomsuperior roomporridgehastings hotelsrestaurant managerbuffet stylefirst class
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed here over the spell of good weather. Staff great, room spacious and clean but no air conditioning. I ended up getting a fan but still slept badly both nights due to this. I did ask to change rooms but hotel fully booked. I will go back but will request air conditioned room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This fantastic property is not only a sight to behold exteriorly, but amazing and wonderfully staffed and accommodating inside. Having only stayed one night, our room was situated with breathtaking views of a full moon and high tide.

Room Tip: Always ... if you're unable to book a sea view room, ask if it's available upon check-in.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SeeingtheWorld66
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed here three nights with a group of people. Some got nice rooms, others including myself were not so lucky. The first one I was allocated was right up against noisy kitchen fans with an ugly view of the rooftop of the lower floor. The room itself was nicely decorated and spacious but too hot and no fresh air could be obtained except by opening the outside door. I complained and was moved to another which though further away from the fans was also airless and close to the lift. And the window was FROSTED GLASS, presumably to disguise a less than pretty view. A so-called luxury hotel such as this really shouldn't be offering such sub-standard accommodation to ANY guest.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kabiven
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights first weekend of June, having secured a "Summer Sensations" deal with Hotels.com. The hotel is centrally located between the start of the promenade in Newcastle, and the High Street. We loved every minute of our stay, from the huge room and bed with separate lobby area and sofa, to the superb breakfast in the two stately dining rooms, excellent service and staff, and wonderful spa centre. The pool area and sauna had magnificent views of the sea and mountains, and there were loungers and chairs alongside the pool to avail of said views. One very useful feature was the separate lift which took one directly to the spa centre from the bedrooms, with bathrobes provided along the corridor. We didn't have dinner there as had arranged to eat elsewhere but the menu at the Percy French restaurant looked very good. We would love to stay here again and would highly recommend if finances permit-it's most certainly a superior 4 star and one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Ps wifi is excellent around the bar area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank BanjoAnne
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My partner & I stayed for one night at the Slieve Donard last week and have to say I just loved it!
There was a wedding on, on the same night but yet we still had full attention of the staff at reception and through out the night!
Are room was big and beautiful and very clean cannot be faulted.
We went for a walk around the beautiful grounds before getting ready to have dinner in the Oaks restaurant. Firstly the staff were just perfect! Very nice and lovely manners.
I had the chicken creaser salad for starter then the Fillet Steak and beautiful cheesecake for Dessert I would recommend eating in this restaurant.
The next morning we didnt go down to breakfast until quite late however there was still alot left and was lovely. We had a window seat and it was charming I could of sat there all day.
The next day when checking out there was a slight problem with our bill and we were over charged for quite a few things to be honest that we didn’t have. But sure every one can make mistakes and the lady was very apologetic.
On a Whole beautiful hotel
Thank you Slieve Donard esp for are we duck :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple