3,577 results
All reviewsoak restaurantpercy frenchslieve donardlighthouse loungemourne mountainsvitality poolresort roomsbeautiful hotelsea viewirish seasteam roomsuperior roomporridgehastings hotelsrestaurant managerbuffet stylefirst class
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed here three nights with a group of people. Some got nice rooms, others including myself were not so lucky. The first one I was allocated was right up against noisy kitchen fans with an ugly view of the rooftop of the lower floor. The room itself was nicely decorated and spacious but too hot and no fresh air could be obtained except by opening the outside door. I complained and was moved to another which though further away from the fans was also airless and close to the lift. And the window was FROSTED GLASS, presumably to disguise a less than pretty view. A so-called luxury hotel such as this really shouldn't be offering such sub-standard accommodation to ANY guest.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kabiven
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights first weekend of June, having secured a "Summer Sensations" deal with Hotels.com. The hotel is centrally located between the start of the promenade in Newcastle, and the High Street. We loved every minute of our stay, from the huge room and bed with separate lobby area and sofa, to the superb breakfast in the two stately dining rooms, excellent service and staff, and wonderful spa centre. The pool area and sauna had magnificent views of the sea and mountains, and there were loungers and chairs alongside the pool to avail of said views. One very useful feature was the separate lift which took one directly to the spa centre from the bedrooms, with bathrobes provided along the corridor. We didn't have dinner there as had arranged to eat elsewhere but the menu at the Percy French restaurant looked very good. We would love to stay here again and would highly recommend if finances permit-it's most certainly a superior 4 star and one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Ps wifi is excellent around the bar area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank BanjoAnne
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My partner & I stayed for one night at the Slieve Donard last week and have to say I just loved it!
There was a wedding on, on the same night but yet we still had full attention of the staff at reception and through out the night!
Are room was big and beautiful and very clean cannot be faulted.
We went for a walk around the beautiful grounds before getting ready to have dinner in the Oaks restaurant. Firstly the staff were just perfect! Very nice and lovely manners.
I had the chicken creaser salad for starter then the Fillet Steak and beautiful cheesecake for Dessert I would recommend eating in this restaurant.
The next morning we didnt go down to breakfast until quite late however there was still alot left and was lovely. We had a window seat and it was charming I could of sat there all day.
The next day when checking out there was a slight problem with our bill and we were over charged for quite a few things to be honest that we didn’t have. But sure every one can make mistakes and the lady was very apologetic.
On a Whole beautiful hotel
Thank you Slieve Donard esp for are we duck :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HelsBels-23
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Got the pleasure to stay at this lovely Hotel on the 1st June 2013 for a friends of the family wedding. Well it has to be said this was a perfect location by the sea and Mourne mountains for the wedding as it was picked specially by the bride & groom because there 1st meeting was up the Mournes training for The Great Wall of China (the bride) and Kilimanjaro (the groom). We were made to feel very welcome as soon as we were through the door, the reception staff were lovely. The wedding reception was done very well indeed and all was perfect. The grounds of this Hotel were lovely and you could walk down to the sea very easily, it's also a nice walk into Newcastle itself. We had booked 2 train rooms and 1 double room which all looked over the tennis courts so was very quiet, our twin rooms had a large dbl bed nod a quite large single bed, there was a lovely big bathroom which had a bath and shower cubicle in it, quite a big wardrobe and a chest of drawers which housed the tea & coffee. There was also an iron and ironing board too. This was our 1st chance to stay at this great Hotel and hopefully it won't be our last, thank you Rob & Leanne for picking a brilliant location to have your wedding reception.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tillytara
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My parents booked this for the whole family to go to while my sisters were visiting from New Zealand and as I was quite busy leading up to it I never actually got to check it out online before I got there.
When we arrived I was speechless! The hotel is absolutely magnificent to look at with very well-maintained grounds. Once in the hotel we were delighted with the excellent service from the friendly staff and once we got to our rooms we didn't want to leave them as they were just beautiful! We were lucky enough to get a room at the front of the hotel which delighted us with stunning views of the sea and the mountains and an overly friendly seagull who liked to sit on the window-sill and look in at us all the time - my son thought this was just great :-)
The whole stay was just brilliant & I couldn't fault a single thing. Even when we got home and realised we left a few bits behind the staff were very helpful and returned our items asap.
My parents are already planning their next trip!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family