I got married here on 24th May 2013 and it was just amazing. The venue was spectacular and the staff were fantastic. From the moment of booking getting details arranged was easy considering my fiancé and I are living in Canada at the moment. The staff were great, Laura dealt with all our arrangements until the week before and then Chris looked after the final details and the event on the day.
Chris ran everything seamlessly and the wedding ran without a hitch.
The food was commented on by all guests as being fantastic and I can honestly say it was superb. We went for a buffet style main and the options were all cooked to perfection and the fact that you could have all or some provided great options to our guests. The house wine was beautiful and the staff looked after everyone with it.
The bar staff were well able to cater for the "thirsty" 150 or so guests and there was no complaints or queues.
We had a band called the Gents play and they were setup and ready to go in no time after the meal, the lighting and sound was great and the venue worked really well for dancing. Dj continued on to 1am and the bar stayed open to 2am. The residents bar catered well to our guests and there was no shortage of drink for them to continue the fun late into Saturday morning.
We decided to stay on for a second day of celebrations in the Percy French restaurant for a BBQ, music and the sport and it was superb. Over 50 of our guests stayed on and we had a blast but I will commend the Percy French on another review as it is deserved. They are fantastic, so handy to have so close to the hotel and then staff were amazing. Sonya and co. thanks very much.
The Spa was wonderful to have to be able to clear the head from the celebrations the night before. The hotel allows guests to use the spa after check out until 3pm on the day of checkout and alot of our guests took advantage of this on the Sunday. As we were part of the bridal party they did not require us to check out early and let us use the facilities without any hassle.
I must say that a number of our guests commented on just how nice everything was, we had no end of compliments on the food, venue, weather, location and scenery. Two of my wife's sisters had their wedding receptions in the hotel also and I think this speaks volumes of just how good this place is.
I cannot recommend this hotel enough. It is an amazing location but the staff are what makes it so welcoming. If it did not have such high standards and welcoming, polite, talented staff it would not work so i am so glad that it does. Everyone we dealt with was brilliant and it made the most amazing day, and weekend, of my and my wife's life superb.
Go to this location and experience it for yourself, you will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling at the foot of the Mourne Mountains, the Slieve Donard stands in six acres of private grounds, and is one of Northern Ireland's most popular hotels. The luxurious ESPA Spa commands spectacular panoramic views of the County Down coastline and Mountains of Mourne and provides a perfect oasis of tranquility rivals any spa in Europe today. This superbly maintained Victorian hotel is equally suited to a short break, residential conference or grand event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Slieve Donard Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Slieve Donard Newcastle
- Donard Hotel Slieve
- Donard Hotel Newcastle Slieve
- Slieve Donard Hotel Newcastle
- Slieve Donard Resort And Spa Newcastle, Northern Ireland