Spent the weekend here and was very impressed by not only the surroundings, view but the staff were great, very friendly and helpful. The Spa was great altough the pool water was a little on the cool side for my liking, but very refreshing. The restaurant was good, the food delicious and well served and I loved the harpist playing in the background. The only thing I was disappointed with was the cocktails in the loung bar, there was far too much ice in the glass, more ice than liquid and it diluted any taste and flavour in the cocktail. They are not cheap either so, please less of the ice!
We had a room on the 4th floor and it was lovely, very comfortable beds, although the bathroom was a bit cold it was nicely presented. One thing we did not expect was our ghostly vistor at 4.30 in the morning! gave my mum a ell of a scare! but didnt detract from a great weekend.
I would recommend this hotel for a weekend break, you wont be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling at the foot of the Mourne Mountains, the Slieve Donard stands in six acres of private grounds, and is one of Northern Ireland's most popular hotels. The luxurious ESPA Spa commands spectacular panoramic views of the County Down coastline and Mountains of Mourne and provides a perfect oasis of tranquility rivals any spa in Europe today. This superbly maintained Victorian hotel is equally suited to a short break, residential conference or grand event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Slieve Donard Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Slieve Donard Newcastle
- Donard Hotel Slieve
- Donard Hotel Newcastle Slieve
- Slieve Donard Hotel Newcastle
- Slieve Donard Resort And Spa Newcastle, Northern Ireland