3,574 results
All reviewsoak restaurantpercy frenchslieve donardlighthouse loungemourne mountainsvitality poolresort roomssea viewbeautiful hotelirish seasteam roomsuperior roomporridgehastings hotelsrestaurant managerbuffet stylefirst class
Reviewed August 21, 2011

The serice at the Slieve Donard was acceptable The room at the Slieve Donard was clean and comfortable. The location was perfect and there was plenty to do in the local area. We did not have time to use the spa facilities but hopefully next time. The surroundings are beautiful and there is nothing that we can say that we did not like about our stay at the Slieve Donard.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Stayed with my husband for a one night spa break. The spa was fabulous, probably one of the best I have been in. Unfortunately the thermal spa which is accessible to all hotel guests was a bit disappointing - pool was freezing and the jacuzzi was out of order. There are wonderful views of the Mourne Mountains from the pool area. Our room was in the old part of the hotel and the decor was not great. However the room was very big, had a great view and the bed was nice and comfy.

We ate in the Oak restaurant. The setting is very nice and the service excellent, we were a little disappointed in the food. I had steak and it was very tough and fatty. There was a nice atmosphere about the hotel, it was a Monday night and surprisingly busy, no credit crunch here!

Breakfast was great, lots to choose from and all local produce which was nice. Overall this is a nice hotel with good service and a great setting. It is probably the setting which makes staying here such a nice experience. I would go again but only if I got a good deal!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Crndfs
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I stayed at the Slieve Donard for an event in October last year. While the hotel is situated in a beautiful location and is of a very high standard, I was disappointed with the service we received at an event. The wine was slow to come to the tables and the meal was served very late in the evening.

But in staying that, credit where credit it due, it is a beautiful hotel. The rooms are a very generous size and the ensuite was quite big too. The beds were very comfortable and breakfast was of a very good standard. I would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
General_Manager_JT, General Manager at Slieve Donard Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to the Slieve Donard Resort & Spa.

I am glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable and that you plan to return. With regard to your comments on the time the meal was served at the event you attended I would like to assure you that all meal times and wine service is decided before the event by the event organiser. Unfortunately the Slieve Donard Resort & Spa does not control the timings of the event this is all pre-arranged by the company organising the event.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

I stayed here with a party of 9 nine girls to celebrate a friends birthday, we had the spa break. I night B&B with a 55 minute spa treatment. The receptionist 'Ruth' was extremely pleasant and courteous and even gave us an early check in as our some of our party had spa appointments at 1pm, so rather than storing our luggage at main reception we were all able to place it all in the 1 room until after our treatments, this was so convenient as we were staying in the new part of the hotel which is directly above the spa, the rooms were so spacious, clean and the beds were the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever stayed in, we had a sea view so both windows were wide open and the sound of the waters were like being back in the spa, so relaxing and theraputic.
There was however a confusion with my appointment at the spa, i was offered a later appointment on the same day but it didnt fit in with the rest of the plans made for the day, the lady offered me 10am the following morning which I took but it did annoy the rest of the group when the lady was not very apologetic for the mix up. I had my treatment which was a body wrap and it was pure heaven, the therapist was called 'Krisha' and she was a total professional and so friendly. Would definately recommend her!! The spa facilities were excellent, clean,modern,the smell was beautiful, jacussi and vitality pool were great. The juice bar has a great selection of drinks warm & cold and the waitress was very friendly and efficient. The breakfast was 1st class, plenty of choice with a beautiful view of the Mournes and waiting staff with a warm smile and welcoming manner, just what you need to start your day of right, will definately be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank dshar
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I can never quite understand why people would complain in any way about this hotel! Great location, courteous staff, excellent food and spa. And I booked well in advance and got BB plus evening meal for £110 pounds, absolute bargain for this standard of hotel. Room was
spotlessly clean and was huge,
dinner and breakfast were excellent
Don't listen to the pillow too
soft/hard brigade that cannot be
pleased. If you are a normal person
and enjoy a luxurious experience in
a hotel from time to time then try
the slieve donard, top quality
establishment. Andy