“Beautiful”

Ranked #1 of 58 Restaurants in Newcastle
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I had a meal in Vanilla on Saturday 18 May 2013 - it was fabulous. Pleasant and attentive staff, wonderful food. Menu not extensive but quality superb. Will be back.

Vanillanewcastle, Manager at Vanilla Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Hi Wendy M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TA.

On behalf of the restaurant and the staff I would like to thank you for your kind comments.

It is the positive reviews like yours that helps to keep staff morale at a high. Being complimented is one thing but when people take the time out to write and contribute to this particular medium it makes all the hard work that wee bit more rewarding.

Once again, thank you and we will look forward to seeing you in the future.

Thank you again.

There are newer reviews for Vanilla Restaurant

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We walked over from the Slieve Donald and had the best meal we had in Ireland. The 2 or3 course dinners were exceptional in quality of food, presentation and value. The meal averaged 50 pounds each , we all had the 3 course dinner and shared 2 bottles of wine.

1  Thank jwwellard

Hi Jwwellard,

Thank you for take the time to post your review of Vanilla on TA.

We are very pleased with the positive scores and review you have given us. Also your comments about your dining experience being the best you experienced in Ireland have really blown us away.

It is the positives reviews like these bring to our restaurant and staff is unmeasurable. All staff do keep a close look at the reviews on this particular site, so reading this was a major plus to all involved.

We will hope to see you again in the future, and cannot thank you enough for your kind words and review.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Set up fantastic
Food amazing
Staff helpful and pleasant
Food different and just enough to eat
Value for money
Never have to wait or que never a dirty dish on your table

Hi Cazpf1,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Vanilla.

I would like to take a moment to thank you for your kind comments and marks you have rewarded us.

We will look forward to seeing you in the future, and will endeavour to keep our standards up for you.

Thanks again.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Went to Newcastle with my mother and son for the May Bank holiday Sunday, and we had to after our meal last month go back to Vanilla.

My mother loved it, having the squid and beef salad and the Salmon.She ate every single bit then proceeded to demolish a dessert aswell, This from a fussy eater! Everything well cooked and freshly made. My son went for his usual sticky toffee pudding and this was delicious. Service impeccable, during a busy lunch time when people were constantly coming and going. Very good value for money. Apparently the wine list is changing so look forward to sampling some wines when I am not driving next time I am in.

Hi LaurenMay,

Thank you for taking the time to post another favourable review of Vanilla on TA.

I would again like to thank you for such kind comments and feedback of you and your families experience with us.

The restaurant can be very busy on bank holiday weekends, so I am pleased to hear you managed to get a table and also that your Mother enjoyed all courses on the menu. Also the Sticky Toffee Pudding although has been on the menu for quite some time, looks like it is here to stay. It is such a popular dish @ Vanilla, and it's a testament that your young man enjoys it also.

Our Winelist has changed, it is available to view on our website so feel free to take a look and let me know what you think.

We will look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Best wishes.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We booked a table for five for the Tapas evening, and found it difficult to divide the platters, they were delightfully presented and delicious, but each item was minute. As tapas are usually a shared meal, this would only work well with two people. It was suggested that we order one of each platter for the group which caused dismay when trying to share one small fishcake between five, or a plate of tiny slivers of meats. I would suggest less items on each plate and more of them.
The service could not be faulted, however.

Hi GrannybBrimingham,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor.

I would like to thank you for your kind comments, and also for bringing to our attention the problem with serving tapas to so many in a party. I will take the criticism for that, as it was my suggestion that you should try it that way.

We will look forward to seeing you again in the future and we will maybe work a bit better at the portion size for the tapas to make it more benificial to larger parties.

Thank you again for such a kind review.