“no change”
Review of Percy French

Percy French
Ranked #22 of 60 Restaurants in Newcastle
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Situated in the grounds of the luxurious Slieve Donard Resort & Spa, the Perch French is the perfect place to relax with a drink and enjoy the finest of local produce, cooked to perfection.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

stayed at Slieve Donard earlier in 2012 and visited Percy's then service was very slow and not due to large crowd as only two other couples present while we eat, staff had no interest and I had to ask them not to use spray cleaning bottle close to us while eating as spray was flying, ( they could have used same in toilets intead) Food on this visit very greasy even though fish/ chips. Move on 6 months just stayed again and give Percys another go !!! Deja vu in fact the staff even less interested service even slower 3 items of main menu not available and chicken dish opted for not ideal !!! Management would need to sort things out !!! Train staff to show some interest

General_Manager_JT, General Manager at Percy French, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visits to the Percy French.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointing aspects of your visit. I can fully understand your disappointment with the service you received. As a result of your review all staff will receive further customer service training in order to ensure there are no further occurrences of this nature.

I have passed your concerns regarding the food served on this occasion to the Percy French management so that they may address them with the Chef.

At the Percy French we are always striving to achieve the highest possible standards. I do hope that you will return to the Percy French so that we may provide you with the level of service I know we are capable of delivering.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

You ill find it a little difficult to order food here if you are an American. Our names for items are not the same as their's ... I ordered a burger which came with a side salad. I did get the burger but the side salad was nothing more then greens and veggies to put on your burger. We were lucky to be with locals who explained what things were before we ordered. ASK your server to describe what you will be getting. Also do NOT order any type of mixed drink that you would normally get in the US. We ordered White Russians and explained what they were (Kahlua, vodka, and cream). We were brought vodka and cream since they didn't have the Kahlua. Will say the food and the atmosphere was good just not excellent.

General_Manager_JT, General Manager at Percy French, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Percy French.

We appreciate your constructive feedback on the service and food on this visit and will endeavour to make the necessary adjustments to both in order to ensure we go from 'good' to 'excellent'. Thank you especially for your comments concerning the difficulties an American guest may encounter with our menu - this is something which we had not considered previously but will take it into consideration for future development.

I do hope that you will call in and visit on your next visit to Northern Ireland.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stopped by the Percy French after a brisk walk in the cold air by the seaside. Found the open coal fire very welcoming as were the staff on duty. We had a light lunch which was full of flavour and delivered with a smile and a chat. A very good experience at the start of the new year.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

It is a real pity that this beautiful restaurant with fabulous food, gorgeous views and roaring fires is continually let down by two problems. Extremely slow service and dirty toilets. These two points come up time and again on the reviews for this restaurant but nothing has been done to rectify the problem. We were at the restaurant for a birthday lunch and our two children aged 5 and 8 were bored and we were all hungry. At one stage I got off my seat to try and flag down a member of staff to take our dessert order. I found a waiter and asked for our order to be taken, he ignored me and on and on and on we sat. Unbelievable, you need to do some customer care training with your staff and sharpen up your service.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Good pub grub in a well located bar. It has plenty of parking and is next to the beachfront on the grounds of the Slieve Donard Hotel. A popular spot for families and tourists.