“wonderful for parents and kids”
Review of Percy French

Percy French
Ranked #30 of 59 Restaurants in Newcastle
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Situated in the grounds of the luxurious Slieve Donard Resort & Spa, the Perch French is the perfect place to relax with a drink and enjoy the finest of local produce, cooked to perfection.
limavady
“wonderful for parents and kids”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

i had the pleasure to pop in for a drink on Halloween. great story teller (get her back) this is a very cosy place ; try it !

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank LimavadyBarry
General_Manager_JT, General Manager at Percy French, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to the Percy French.

I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your visit on Halloween night. The storyteller was very popular with our visitors and we will certainly look into bringing her back on another occasion.

London, United Kingdom
“Cosy bar”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Lovely Bar with beautiful open fires burning, nice atmosphere friendly staff who were chatty and informative about the area and a real mix of people, friends had food and really enjoyed.

Visited October 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent visit to the Percy French.

Your feedback is much appreciated and I am very happy to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your visit. I especially enjoyed your comments on our friendly staff and will pass on your very kind words.
Donaghadee, United Kingdom
“let down!!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Having stayed in the Slieve Donard we thought it be nice to try this place out. It looks grand from the outside and the menu looked nice and inviting. I was gutted to walk into what felt like a room full of tables with no character what so ever and for a Saturday night not many punters. It is late October which is understandable but i should have realised why. The staff where nice though and we got seated slap bang in the middle of the room. After studying the menu to discover very high prices for steak and 8oz fillet at £24 was a joke in my opinion when you can get 10oz in other places for £22. I decided to go for a 14oz on the bone rib eye at £19 i knew of course the bone adds to the weight but i felt some what dis-hearted by what arrived on my wooden block. I ask always for medium rare rested and the waitress didn't really understand what i was asking for. What did arrive was a medium well laking in flavour and seasoning. My girlfriend asked for a starter size haddock fish cake which she did enjoy and both meals where well presented but our table was not even checked on to see if we where enjoying our meal. When i asked for the bill i had been charged for a main size fish cake, easy mistake to make but really should not have happened in the first place. It was how ever corrected at the till but i felt let done by the experience but i don't think i will be back

• Visited October 2012
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

When we entered the restaurant we were intially ignored by 2 servers before a 3rd greeted us with a grunt and said he'd be back in a minute (well we think that's what he said!). We were seated at a table across from a big bay window overlooking the sea. The view was a nice distraction from the lack of ambience. The food was alright but I've had much better. The desserts were quite good. We won't be rushing back any time soon I'm afraid.

• Visited August 2012
General_Manager_JT, General Manager at Percy French, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Percy French.

With regard to your dining experiences I was disappointed that you had concerns with the service received from some staff members. I have passed your comments on to the Restaurant Manager who will address the issues detailed in your review with all relevant staff. Please be assured this is not reflective of the usually high standards offered at the Percy French or Slieve Donard Resort & Spa. Having not received any prior complaints of this nature I will endeavor to monitor this department in order to identify any areas for improvement.
Ballymena, United Kingdom
“Evening meal”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We dined one evening at the Percy French restaurant. There was a good choice of menu which was very good. Unfortunately the waiter was very slow and we had to ask a few times for various things.

Visited October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Percy French.

I am glad that you enjoyed your meal with us and appreiate your kind words regarding the menu selection. I have passed your concerns regarding the service on to the Manager so that we may seek to improve on the service we provide. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.