“A great beginning”
Review of Coolgreeney House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newcastle
Coolgreeney House
Ranked #13 of 18 Newcastle B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We began our trip at Coolgreeney House. Our room was very comfortable and looked out over the promenade and the sea. We were able to walk to restaurants. The breakfast was very good. Colleen and Colum were wonderful hosts.

Room Tip: Room overlooking sea was lovely.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 7, 2011

From the moment of booking this B&B over the phone with Colleen I knew I had picked a good one. I booked this B&B for myself and 5 others who were travelling tp play a three day golf tournament in May in County Down, I chose here as it was close to Royal County Down GC which we played on our last day. I have to say the service was absolutely fantastic we arrived late after playing golf to check in and there was no problem with that, we were given a fantastic breakfast both mornings of our stay. Colleen couldn’t have been friendlier to us and even took time to find our car in Royal County Down car park and put a pair of shoes and jacket hanging on the mirror after one of the group had left them behind by accident. I would definitely recommend this B&B if you are staying in Newcastle and will most likely return again next year!! It was worth giving the B&B a review even if I am 4 months late!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2011

The room was clean and comfortable. The view of the sea was breath taking ! The breakfast was lovely and Colum and Coleen where really friendly and nothing was any trouble.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2011

AS I said before Colm and colleen open their house to you as if you were their own family,
they provide first class service as soon as you take your seat at your appointed Breakfast table your order is taken for a cooked breakfast which is very fulfilling

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Room was large, bed comfortable, bathroom brand new, sea view from the room, location is literally around the corner from main street and breakfast was superb. The best thing about this b&b however, is the welcome. From the moment you walk in you are treated like old friends and made feel at home. Couldnt have asked for more, we will be back next year.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank woodstockparky
Reviewed June 19, 2011

In Newcastle for my wedding, we spent two nights at Coolgreeney House before moving over to the wedding venue. My family and friends took over the entire B&B. 9 of us total. We all arrived jet lagged from the flight from Chicago and Detroit. When Colleen and Cullum showed us our rooms, we are so pleased. The view of the sea was breathtaking and because I was the bride, I was given a larger room. This came in handy as the girls and I set up an assembly line to make wedding favors. Each morning all of us met downstairs for the delicious breakfast and again enjoyed the amazing view. Colleen and Cullum offered great recommendations for enjoying Newcastle. Their kindness went above and beyond when they made the appointment and drove my mother, who hurt her back, to a chiropractor 40 minutes away, and also drove over all of our stuff to the wedding venue. They are THE nicest people, the location is perfect, the rooms are cozy and clean and the breakfast is great---overall a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Brilliant location, lovely couple, yummy brekkie. Overall very good value for money, given that almost every other place to stay in Newcastle is mire expensive than this.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple