All reviews mourne mountains excellent hosts minute walk shower room slieve donard high street breakfast was excellent bed and breakfast northern ireland francis accommodation house golfers
Selected filters
Reviewed April 29, 2011

absolutely delightful time in newcastle! the amble in is imaculate! room was very spacious and modern.If it wasnt for frances' and colms big tasty breakfast we wudn't have made it to the top of the slieve donard mountain! very welcoming and very helpful. we will definately be returning in the near future!

Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
caba1426, Owner at Amble In B&B, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

We really appreciate you taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor and for sharing such a wonderful experience you had with us during your recent visits.
We were delighted to read your comments and very happy to see another satisfied guest. It is through our guest’s feedback like yours that inspire us to continuously recognize & exceed our guest’s expectations.
We are glad you made it all the way to the top of Slieve Donard.
Once again thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you again at Amble In B&B

Regards

Colm and Frances

Reviewed April 3, 2011

My friend and I really had a very good time at Newcastle! The room in Amble In B&B is roomy and cozy. And the hosts are very hospitable. If I will go to Newcastle again, the Amble In B&B is my first choice.

Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
amblein, Owner at Amble In B&B, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write your review
Great to hear we looked after you so well during your visit, I’m sure we will be able to do the same again. Please make sure you advise us prior to your parents arrival from China and any extra or special requests they may have and we will do our utmost to accommodate.
Look forward to welcoming you and your parents .
Regards
Colm and Frances

Reviewed March 17, 2011

The Amble In is a truly wonderful place. The rooms are large, bright, modern, and very clean. Even better than the accommodations, though, are the hosts. Colm and Frances a very welcoming, and I was immediately at ease with them. What's more, Colm was kind enough to guide me around the Mournes on a four-hour hiking trip. He pointed out the principal peaks and other major hiking trails as well as recommending what gear and clothing to take when out in the mountains. It was a splendid day, and one I hope to repeat.

Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Todestool
Reviewed January 11, 2011

Myself and my brother who came over from scotland to walk the Mournes, stayed at the Amble in. On our arrival we were very warmly welcomed by Francis. As soon as we were shown the room we knew that we had hit the jackpot. The room was absolutely immaculate, Very comfortable, and the place is in a perfect location. We were later introduced to Francis, husband Colm. I must say folks, you couldn't meet a nicer couple if you walked from one end of the country to the other. We stayed for 4 days. The breakfast was excellent every morning. Colm was very helpful giving us info about the Mournes as he walks the mountains himself. we ended up in the pub and never went walking at all. The worst thing about our stay was having to leave.. A must for anyone visiting Newcastle... Will defo be going back !!!

Date of stay: January 2011
amblein, Owner at Amble In B&B, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2011

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Amble In, and indeed for taking the time to write your wonderful review.

It was a pleasure to read all of the positive feedback about your stay with us. Thank you very much. We strive on a daily basis in every area to exceed our guest’s expectations, and I am thrilled that we exceeded yours. It really means a great deal to us. Thank you again. Perhaps next time you will get to do a little walking in the Mountains.

It would be my personal pleasure to welcome you back to Amble In, hopefully in the very near future.

Warmest Regards

Colm & Frances

Reviewed October 28, 2010

I stayed here for 2 nights in the Glen Room. The standout feature of this B&B is Colm and his helpful/knowledgeable assistance with walking in the locality. He provided me with maps and advised me, given my conditions, on how I could get best value from walking in the Mourne/Newcastle area. Newcastle is a very pleasant coastal town. The B&B itself was pleasant and the breakfasts excellent. Parking is on-street and beware that finding your way there in the dark could be difficult - I was grateful for the GPS. The WiFi was not working when I was there and the bathroom supplies: shampoo/soap etc were on the "lean" side. I would stay here again without question.

Date of stay: October 2010