“Great apartment”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
LisburnJo...
lisburn
“NICE VIEWS SPOILT BY EXTRA CHARGES”
Reviewed November 29, 2012 for a stay in November 2012

We stayed here for 4 days in November 2012. The views from the apartment are stunning and its furnished to an ok standard but we were particularly annoyed by being charged extra money on departure for using heating. We were there with our one year old child and so we only used the heating as was necessary for a cold November weekend.

They also tried to initally charge us more than the discounted rate offered on the website

Date of stay: November 2012
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Nov 28, 2012
I feel that I should respond to this review as it questions my honesty and integrity which I cannot allow!
Issue 1 - "furnished to an ok standard" - The apartment has been awarded 4* rating by the Northern Ireland Tourist Board. This speaks for itself!
Issue 2 - "extra money" - In the Booking Terms and Conditions it clearly states that there is a generous heating allowance - a booking is not taken unless these conditions are read and understood and signed as being understood. Clients are also reminded on arrival. This was introduced a number of years ago because some clients left heating on 24/7 even when they were out of the apt and with recent fuel increases it does make more economic sense that clients take more care, just as we all do at home. There has never been a problem until now. The extra cost involved here was £10. On checking out this client had actually left the heating on!
Issue 3 "one year old child" - I was informed that the child was 19 months old and able to run about the apt and play ball on the terrace.
Issue 4 "charge us more" - Yes - I hold my hands up as guilty in that I gave them the normal price and not the special offer price - due to a serious family illness and being extremely busy and rushing around - but that is really no excuse. On realising my mistake I then offered the special price plus a further discount which they accepted.
This client has failed to mention that I was extremely flexible - early check-in and a very late check-out to allow them to have as long a time in the apt as possible. Free use of a high chair and travel cot. Nor was I informed that there would be another couple staying in the apt for part of the time. This was not stated on their booking form, which is a requirement, under health and safety.
I have been communicating with this client through e-mail - basically she threatened me with a negative review - so here we are!
Other points.
I try to be as fair as possible with everyone. I have been in this business for 10+ years and never received such comments. I like everyone to have a very positive experience in Newcastle. I have made so many wonderful friends from across the world who return and stay time and time again. If you are thinking of booking B2 please be reassured - everything is absoluely fine. If you have any queries or concerns please ring or e-mail or even skype me.
Can I take this opportunity to wish everyone a very Happy New Year and Best Wishes for 2013
Northern Ireland
Reviewed November 20, 2011 for a stay in October 2011
person found this review helpful

Date of stay: October 2011
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Rugged travelers
noreen26
London, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed October 28, 2011 for a stay in February 2011
person found this review helpful

This property is sited right in the town centre with the most beautiful view of the beach possible. The apartment is very well equipped, very clean and well furnished - it had everything you would need as a family group with excellent support from the owner - cannot recommend this highly enough.

Date of stay: February 2011
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location
Liked least: no wi fi
Traveling group: Family with Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
England
Reviewed October 4, 2011 for a stay in September 2010
people found this review helpful

Date of stay: September 2010
Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 55-64
lurgan
Reviewed September 21, 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Date of stay: July 2011
Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 45-54

Date of stay: August 2011
Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 25-34
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing