“Not great value for takeaway”
Review of Mangetout Deli

Mangetout Deli
Ranked #11 of 48 Restaurants in Downpatrick
Cuisines: French, Cafe, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We are an award winning café, deli & patisserie and have been open in Down Business Park on the Belfast Rd near Downpatrick since 2010. Our food is off a very high standard and we use only the freshest local ingredients all with a French twist! We offer tasty breakfasts, brunch, lunchtime specials, deli counter, sandwiches, soups, casseroles, handmade French desserts, scones, breads, chutneys, speciality teas & coffees& birthday/occassion cakes. We have monthly bistro nights (byo. Our restaurant is also available to hire for special occassions.
Downpatrick, United Kingdom
“Not great value for takeaway”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I work in the industrial estate but prefer driving into Downpatrick for my lunch. The main reason is the lack of value for take out customers. Find the menu in general to be overpriced and portions are a little small.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank henkelar
Franck B, Owner at Mangetout Deli, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are disappointed that you feel that we are not offering value for money. The feedback we receive from our customers, who drive in to the industrial estate from far and wide on a regular basis, is that we offer fantastic value! We review both our prices and menus regularly for example this week our specials include 2 slices of stuffed pork belly with mash & red wine jus, pasta carbonara or red thai chicken curry with rice all for just £4.25 take away! How can you say this is not value for money?
We use top quality ingredients and only use locally sourced produce. We have built our reputation on this basis and will not be introducing processed, pre prepared food or bought in buckets of sandwich fillings to enable us to offer low quality products at cheap prices. We know where our food comes from and bearing recent news headlines in mind our customers have peace of mind knowing that we will never jeopardise quality.

saintfield
“hidden jewel”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

hidden in industrial estate it is worth exploring been there several times - good range of food and daily specials great lasanges and quiiches at good value very good pastry range and great coffees/teas service excellent service from tina, aoife catherine backed up by franck chef/ patron. if going into downpatrick turn right where mange tout sign is and you wont be dissapointed.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank David M
United Kingdom
“Gourmet nights amazing!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We recently attended one of the Gourmet nights at Mange Tout with family who have never been to one but have heard us rave about the good food and ...guess what? They all loved it and are looking forward to their next visit. What more can we say! The scallops were the best we have experienced in a long time, the vension main course was perfection. We came away with Francks recipe for bread and butter pudding though I doubt it will taste as good as he makes it. Lunch time snacks are also very tasty and something different to the normal offering.
So come on give Mange Tout a try it is a Cafe within a business park but once you enter and receive the warm welcome and good food you could be transported to another world.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank philnlil1
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love it!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I'm not from downpatrick but I have been to this place a few times and all I can say is the food is excellent, service is excellent, staff are friendly and overall I love eating at this place. Great selection of food!

1 Thank Anonymousstranger
Irish couple in Paris
“A hidden gem - fabulous café with scrumptious desserts.”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My daughters and I enjoyed a lovely brunch on this wet Bank Holiday. They enthusiastically munched through their various bagels and thoroughly enjoyed their hot chocolate drinks. I had a very tasty scrambled egg and blueberry scone. I have previously dined here on a number of occasions with friends for lunch or a snack.Unfortunately as I work in Belfast I do not often get the opportunity to call in except on my holidays and must try to get in on some Saturdays as their food is so delicious.
I have not yet been to a gourmet night but plan to book one soon as I have always seen such positive feedback on them on Facebook.
Well worth a visit and free parking at the door on a wet and blustery day is very convenient.

• Visited August 2012