“Never again stay away a waist of money”
Review of Norma J's

Norma J's
Ranked #24 of 51 Restaurants in Downpatrick
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at 8.45 with my family we where out to celebrate first we ordered wine there was no choice only Sauvignon blanc ,it was then served warm. While waiting for our meal the staff in the kitchen where so rude pointing over and laughing at us, there was nobody else in the restraunt. While we where still eating the waitress asked us to pay and turned the lights out . We still had a half bottle of wine to drink when the waitress then came out without there uniforms they had changed to go out for the night. We were appalled the food was cold I got a mushroom starter which consisted of 3 mushrooms for almost 5 pounds . Since this I have heard other people tell me of their bad experiences with Norma Js and their rude staff and bad food management need to a grip before your staff close you down it's like a kitchen nightmare never will be back

5  Thank Colmnierland

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have been here a few times ok a lot of times an its always first class food i had the steak an the pepper sauce is to die for we last visited on sat pass the 10th August an kids loved it to very friendly an very clean defo would recommend ppl to try this place an its handy to as its beside the cinema an they do special meal an movie deals try it you will love it ......

2  Thank Dianne M
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have eaten in Norma J's on many occasions and often, the food has been lovely but it's very hit and miss. Also, be prepared that it may be a long wait before the food actually arrives, which is something to be aware of if you've planned a cinema visit. On our last visit, my partner ordered one of the 'specials' which turned out to be the smallest portion I've ever seen. It would have been small for a starter, never mind a main course. The waitress offered to take it back, but of course you're worried about what might happen to the replacement before it leaves the kitchen so my partner decided to grin and bear it. We expected some form of discount upon paying but we were charged full price and it was obvious that the staff don't communicate to each other or the manager when complaints are received.

2  Thank Ripply
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Went to Norma J's with my friends to celebrate the end of school. We were seated by a very unenthusiactic waitress who looked liked she just couldn't be bothered and my food wasn't nice either. I ordered a chicken burger as did some of my friends, however they got chicken breast and I was left with a scawny thigh, not to mention the stale bap it was served in. Then when we went to pay I nearly got my head chewed off by the manager by simply asking could we pay seperately! Will certaintly not be back!

2  Thank Showmethechocolate
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Visited on a Sunday night and was slightly disapionted. I had expected more as I had heard a lot of impressive highly frequent advertising on the radio.

The menu was excellent, although I could not get the course I had originally wanted staff were very apologetic and very helpful.

Delicious milkshakes!

A bit pricey but in a very good location perfect for going to the cinema!

2  Thank Carla2600