we had two rooms booked as we were attending a wedding close by in downpatrick when we arrived and checked with the staff where the car park was we were told it was in the tiny area at the back in among picnic tables which only had space for about two cars. then on entering the hotel the first greeting at reception was a very dirty mat at the door and the awful smell of whatever oil they use to cook. after standing waiting for a while i had to look for a staff member,the girl looked less than enthusiastic however she did change our rooms so the younger ones in the group had the room on the higher floor. on going upstairs the carpet was filthy i think it was supposed to be green but was more black and the smell from downstairs was even stronger. the rooms were disgusting there was enough dust under the beds that i could have written this review in it!!! the dust was also piled in the corners of the room especially behind the doors, the bathroom had mould growing in it and hairs in the bath. the whole place needs a really good clean. we then checked out a few minutes later, on giving the keys to a different staff member she didnt look surprised and never said a word. i would not recommend this hotel to anyone it is disgusting and the service is really bad especially as the young guy i spoke to on the phone when booking was lovely. i will never stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A country home away from home! Established in 1642, Denvir's Hotel is steeped in history and is the perfect setting for a relaxing break. Offering old world charm in the heart of Downpatrick, Denvir's has a long tradition of sheltering travellers and will endeavour to ensure that your stay will be a memorable one. Now part of the award winning Botanic Inns group, Denvir’s is the oldest surviving coaching inn in Ireland and is now a grade ‘A’ listed building. The building itself has been extensively and sympathetically renovated while retaining its original character. With six attractive and beautifully restored bedrooms, a restaurant, lounge and snug bars as well as two function rooms for hire; there are many reasons to visit Denvir’s. All of Downpatrick's best historical attractions are located on the same road as Denvirs. St Patricks Grave, The Catherdral and the Gaol are all located on English Street. So we're in the heart of the action! We look forward to welcoming you to Denvir's Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Denvir's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Denvirs Hotel Downpatrick
- Denvir's Hotel Downpatrick, Northern Ireland