“Slipped a bit.....”

Uluru Bar & Grill
Ranked #5 of 64 Restaurants in Armagh
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Australian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Casual neighbourhood style bistro, working hard, shouting about local food heroes, cooking local food with an Aussie twist trying to share food that makes you smile. Serving local craft beer and cider, importers of Aussie beer, wines sourced from the vineyards, freshly made cocktails, Bespoke Uluru roast of coffee, single origin coffee, Josper Grill cooking local steaks, Pizza oven baking stone baked pizzette, full kids menu. Desserts made in house.
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I last visited Uluru on a holiday 12 months ago and decided to return when I had the opportunity. It was full on a mid week evening so obviously it’s still popular with locals. Starters were top class especially the crab wafers and oxtail croquettes but I felt the mains lacked flavour and finesse compared with earlier visits. Fish was overcooked and the chicken bland, however, the evening finished on a high note with some excellent desserts.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary in Uluru in a group of 10 ranging image from 2 to 70+. We all had a fantastic time. We had the upstairs room to ourselves which gave us all lots of space to spread out. The food was clearly thoughtfully sourced, and beautifully presented. My children enjoyed the novelty of trying kangaroo and crocodile though to be honest the adults got just as much pleasure from the more local fare (special mention for the apple crumble). This is a great neighbourhood restaurant but I think particularly great if you have a smallish group and want a place for a special celebration.

1  Thank Hayesinkt
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I have been to Uluru twice. The first time we were the last lunch customers of the day. Dean introduced himself to us and stayed and chatted with us while we were there. We felt the personal touch from Dean really added to the wonderful food we had. On the second occasion, we decided to return for dinner and brought a foodie friend with us. I was nervous as we had told him how wonderful this Bistro was and was hoping our previous experience wasn't a one off. I needn't have worried. The food and dining experience was as top notch as we had remembered. I couldn't have the scallops starter as I was pregnant. My friend had it instead and said it was the best he had ever tasted. This is high praise indeed! We will definitely be returning to Uluru. I hope when we do the scallops will still be on the menu!

Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

We went here last night for my anniversary along with 4 friends and it was superb ! The menu is great and the choices on the specials board were also super! The six of us all had starters and mains and everyone of our party thoroughly enjoyed it. With a great selection of beers and wines + a superb atmosphere and first class service i cant wait to come back !!!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Have visited Uluru on numerous occasions and have never been disappointed. Dean, Sara and staff are professional, warm, welcoming and helpful throughout. Food is excellent. Actually its a bit disappointing when you realise you have eaten it all. Individual attention given to people with special diets to ensure that they enjoy the experience as much as the rest of us. Will be back soon.