“The Absolute Best”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ballycastle
Kinbane Farmhouse B&B
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Nan made our introduction to Northern Ireland a wonderful experience. Staying at the Kinbane Farmhouse is Irish Hospitality at its finest. Spectacular views, great location for taking in the Coast of Antrim and the many attractions (Giants Causeway, Carrick Rope Bridge, etc). Nan and her family made us feel we had come home. We wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Deirdre118

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Nan was a great hostess and very friendly. The B & B was very relaxing with great views and a nice walk to the Kinbane castle ruin. We loved staying by the beautiful Antrim coast. My husband wished that we would have stayed there longer. Our daughter loved their dog. The B & B is located close to the Giant’s Causeway.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank NanaVickie
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Our host, Nan Wilkinson, provided us with one of the best couple of days we have ever had. The rooms were excellent, and the Ulster Fry for breakfast is truly to kill for. I loved the large servings of porridge as well. We were just a short walk away from the ruins of Kinbane Castle and a short drive away from Ballycastle on one side and Carrick-a-rede on the other. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone travelling through N. Ireland.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank enchiang
Reviewed May 4, 2011

We have just returned from a short break in Northern Ireland. I found Kinbane Farm on Trip Advisor and I have to say what a fabulous place. The views from the farmhouse are amazing and yet so peaceful and tranquil. Nan made us feel very welcome and the Irish breakfast was brilliant. Nan was also very helpful in advising where to eat in Ballycastle and we ate at the Cellar which was really good I would recommend the lamb shank!! I would definitely recommend this accommodation and was only sorry we did not stay longer.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank trishcheetham
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I have just returned from a 3 night stay with my husband at Kinbane Farmhouse and absolutely loved it.

Nan was a wonderful hostess - she gave us lots of useful information about local attractions and restaurants (Cellar Restaurant and Central Bar in Ballycastle served great food) and she also cooked a fantastic breakfast (I went for the porridge, my husband the Ulster fry!)

The farmhouse is wonderful and felt like a home from home - the room wasn't huge but was more than big enough for the two of us and was comfortable and cosy with a good shower. The breakfast room had stunning views over the fields and over to the sea and Rathlin Island and there was tea and coffee facilities available in the breakfast room 24/7. The lounge was comfortable and had a tv with DVDs we could watch and a computer with internet guests could use.

The location is very good if you have a car as we did - 8 minute drive from Ballycastle with shops, restaurants and the seafront, and also a short drive to the Rope Bridge, Giant's Causeway and other attractions such as Bushmills Distillery.

Both my husband and I both enjoyed ourselves so much we'll definitely be coming back on our next visit to Northern Ireland and will be recommending it to our friends and families!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank newbornbliss
Reviewed March 7, 2011

My wife and I have just got back from a 3 night stay here and couldn't recommend it enough. The farmhouse is just outside Ballycastle at the end of the road leading to Kinbane Head Castle Ruins. The location is fantastic - with views out over the cliffs over to Rathlin Island - the B&B is 5 minutes drive from Ballycastle and the perfect place to set off along the Coastal Route to Carrick-a-rede rope bridge, The Giant's Causeway, White Park Bay, Glenariff Forest Park etc.

Nan was very welcoming, friendly and helpful and she made us feel very much at home. Our room was a perfect size, with ensuite facilities; the bathroom was clean and stocked with shampoo and shower wash should you need it. Breakfast was served in the wonderful breakfast room with amazing sea views, and it was delicious (Soda Bread is a new favourite!). There is fruit, cereal, yoghurt, cooked breakfast, toast etc - couldn't ask for more. There is also tea, coffee, water, squash, biscuits, cutlery and crockery should you want to make something yourself later in the day.

There is a guest living room should you want to watch TV or a DVD, read etc and there is complimentary internet / wifi access etc. Our room also had a TV, but the lounge is a nice place to chill after a long day walking.

As it's a working farm and my wife and I are animal lovers, Nan showed us round the farm, the cattle sheds and as we turned up during calving season we got to see the newborns too, one just an hour old!!

Overall I couldn't recommend this place enough, its fantastic, a must stay!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2011

Wonderful B+B, friendly, good food in a lovely conservatory dinning room with lots of drinks available both evening and morning and even biscuits. Very clean but relaxed atmosphere with shared guest frontroom and fire. Can smoke outside. Comfortable beds and good showers with shampoo shower gell and towels provided. Lovely and quiet in an area of outstanding beauty with very friendly family and dog called 'red', which my 8yr old enjoyed playing with and my 18mnth old stroked with glee.
Difficult to find, small sign post off main road and all the way down a track...dont try to find in the dark, but would revisit....although a little expensive for more than a few nights. Great place to break the journey to Giants causeway.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kathy2_11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballycastle
Marine Hotel Ballycastle
An Caislean
An Caislean
#6 of 24 in Ballycastle
Crockatinney Self-Catering Cottages

Been to Kinbane Farmhouse B&B? Share your experiences!