“Xcellent”

Marine Hotel Ballycastle
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ballycastle
“Xcellent”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Amazing hotel food outta this world and great value sunday lunch definitely worth a go and very fast and efficient staff friendly and accommodating just ask and they help you out for a hotel its reasonably priced credit to our town should be five star hotel

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank martinamclaughlin
MHGenManager, General Manager at Marine Hotel Ballycastle, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Martinamclaughlin,
Thank you very much for your review, i have passed on your kind words to all the team, our Sunday Carvery is proving to be a big hit with families and i am glad you also enjoyed it.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Czech first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2014

A great hotel in a spectacular area surrounded by many of the attractions of the north coast all within a reasonable distance, but with this hotel you may not want to travel far. Good food and pleasant areas to relax.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Andrew F
Dear Anndrew4144,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, i have to agree we are situated in a fantastic location on the North Coast within easy reach of all the attractions , Giants causeway and the rope bridge to name a few.
I am delighted you received our customary excellent service and i look forward to welcoming you back on your return visit to the North Coast.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Took the short trip for evening a la carte menu very disappointed ordered bull and bird for me and my wife and in my opinion what we got was rehashed carvery with cold potatoe my two kids had chicken goujons which were so hard. Some of restraunt staff were more interested in the football than their guests all in all a very disappointing meal which cost me Around £50 won't be back .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank ricky8187
MHGenManager, General Manager at Marine Hotel Ballycastle, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Ricky8187,
I was very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your meal at the hotel, I can assure you that all of our foods are freshly cooked and we would not "rehash" carvery foods into other dishes. I have spoken to our kitchen team about your observations and they apologise sincerely.

I hope that you change your mind and come to the Marine Hotel in the future and you will see that it was a one off occasion and that our food is of the highest quality and standard.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Spent one night here driving around N Ireland. Front desk personnel were wonderful. Wifi was adequate.

Booked a partial view room at an increased rate. I would not bother from my room the view was worth nothing extra.

Hotel needs a serious update . Cleaning staff needs to do a better job on checking what is working.

I had 2 lights with burnt out bulbs and no interest in waiting for someone to change them at 10pm.

They lock the doors at 11 PM and you have to ring for a porter to let you in and then he turns on lights in the Halls and walks you to room. Felt like I was in Russia.

Hell the entertainment in the bars does not even start until 10pm. It was not a big problem but just weird.

Breakfast Buffet was mediocre and I am being generous. Next time would go to fabulous bakery up the street for coffee and suites.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank firecat46
Dear Firecat46,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, I was disappointed to read that your stay was unsatisfactory.
My team would have been more than happy to replace the bulbs in your lights if requested as bulbs can go once they are turned on so house keeping staff might not have been aware they were gone.
Our music starts at 10pm like all other venues , it is so as not to disturb our diners, but this is the time it starts in most other venues.
I apologise that you felt our breakfast buffet was inadequate , we do offer a wide variety of fruits, yoghurts, breads , juices and hot foods but we will certainly look into your observation.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Ireland and you had a safe trip home, I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Ireland and I hope you will see some of the improvements that you have suggested in place.

Antrim, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

My elderly mother and I stayed here for 2 days in June. Room allocation was excellent especially considering my mother isn't overly mobile. We had a lovely spacious room with a side sea view. The staff from reception to restaurant to housekeeping were extremely courteous and helpful. As my mother is coeliac we sometimes find it hard for her diet to be accommodated...this was definitely NOT the case here. Nothing was too much trouble in the restaurant they went over and above to provide food for her dietary requirements. All in all we had a very enjoyable stay and would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank holidaypal36
Dear holidaypal36,
thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, it was great to read that you and your mum had such a good time at the hotel. We pride ourselves on being one of the few hotels in the north coast who are fully accredited to the coeliac society, over 80% of our menu is available gluten free.
I have passed on your kind words to the kitchen team and they were delighted.
We all look forward t welcoming you and your mum back to the Marine Hotel in the very near future.

lurgan
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My husband and myself were given gift of a night in the marine hotel and tour of the bushmills distillery. We thoroughly enjoyed our night in the marine. We found the staff very pleasant and helpful and our room was really good. It overlooked the sea which was lovely both at night and in the morning. The food was also very good. Would recommend it.

Room Tip: Room with a view of the sea
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rosemary p
Dear Rosemary p.
Thank you very much for your kind review, it was great to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Ballycastle and the Marine Hotel. We would always recommend to our guests that they visit the Bushmills factory and take the tour it is very impressive.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your return visit and you can enjoy all the other attractions the area has to offer.

Michael Yates
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This hotel hit the spot consistently throughout our stay from check-in to check-out. Everything we would expect from an Irish Hotel, good service, wholesome and tasty food served on plentiful plates and a decent pint. We took both breakfast and evening meals in the hotel and were completely satisfied. Our room was larger than expected, well decorated and the bed comfortable. Ballycastle is probably the best of the North coast towns to explore the region, lovely beach and interesting historical route, much better than Port Rush or Portstewart.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hewhotravels
Dear hewhotravels,
Thank you very much for your review, I was delighted to read you enjoyed all the aspects of your stay here, I have to agree with you Ballycastle certainly is the ideal location to explore the North Coast, and even to have a relaxing day by the sea and just take in the breath taking views.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The marine Hotel and your next visit to the North Coast.

Michael
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballycastle
The Fullerton Arms
#1 of 8 in Portrush
Galgorm Resort & Spa
Galgorm Resort & Spa
#1 of 6 in Ballymena

Been to Marine Hotel Ballycastle? Share your experiences!