“Good Hotel Would Stay Again”

Marine Hotel Ballycastle
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ballycastle
Antrim, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel Would Stay Again”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed at the hotel overnight and went to our Christmas work party function which was held at the hotel with other companies. Food was great as was the party and the staff were very good.... would recommend the hotel no problem, the rooms are a bit dated but they said they are updating them this year, when this happens it would be perfect.

Room Tip: 2nd floor at the front of the hotel you get a great view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Patricia-hotel-GM, General Manager at Marine Hotel Ballycastle, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Many thanks for your comments.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your Christmas party night with us here at The Marine.

We are indeed hoping to refurbish our bedrooms this year.

I hope to welcome you back to The Marine Hotel in the future.

Patricia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Czech first
armagh
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed overnight on 4th January, our room was very clean and warm, the staff were very efficient and friendly. We had a delicious meal in the hotel bar, I have specific food requirements and the chef prepared me a great meal. I would recommend this hotel and we are looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Jacquie,

Many thanks for your kind comments.

I am delighted to read that our chef was able to cater for your special dietary requirements.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had our office party at the Marine Hotel in Ballycastle on the 14th December and I have to say it was fantastic night. The rooms were spotless and spacious with great views of the beach and sea. The food, although a carvery, was delicious and everything was served hot. The staff were attentive and could not do enough for you. The band were great doing both live music and a disco and had the dance floor filled all evening. All in all a superb evening and am definitely looking forward to another visit. Roll on Christmas 2014!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Many thanks for your comments.

I am delighted that your Christmas party was a success.

We are currently planning our activities for Christmas 2014 and I hope you will join us again then if not before.

Armoy, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We had a family lunch in the Marine on New Years Day. There were 23 in our group and the management kindly arranged a private room for us so the children could play freely. The food was delicious with a great selection for both adults and children and good portion sizes.
I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a good meal, nice atmosphere, friendly efficient service

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
I am delighted that the private room worked well for your group. I know the children enjoyed having plenty of space to play in :)

Hopefully you will consider using the hotel again for family events.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Marine in the not too distant future.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I recently stayed at the hotel for a party night, its was a brilliant night. The food was lovely and the service was great The views from the bedrooms are amazing. I will be returning to this hotel soon.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Many thanks for your comments.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your Christmas party night with us.

I look forward to seeing you at the Marine Hotel again in the future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I visited Marconi's Bar & Bistro on Monday the 16th of December with my husband, the bistro was very quiet although it is expected before christmas! We both had the christmas lunch and I must say it was beautiful! Followed by most possibly the best christmas pudding! The bistro has a lovely relaxing atmosphere, the young waitress megan that served us was very friendly and welcoming as was the barman! Your front of house staff at reception are a credit to you also! 5 stars for service and the meal; compliments to the chef, everything was perfect and we shall most definitely return! Keep up the good work and good luck for 2014!

• Stayed December 2013
Patricia-hotel-GM, General Manager at Marine Hotel Ballycastle, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Hi Val,

many thanks for your kind comments about your experience at the Marine Hotel.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your lunch with us, the Christmas special proved very popular.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

dublin
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

In my opinion over priced hotel in great location
We had an upgrade and room pretty bad! Quite dusty,very unkempt despite renovation and re opening
Maybe teething problems but so not worth 100£a night in my opinion
Lovely ballycastle and its a great hub for all Antrim sights but won't stay here again,a beer or wine in the bar with nice view perhaps but not for overnight!shows disrespect to customers with shabby room

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Louocall
Apologies for not replying to your comments sooner we had a few issues with a duplicate listing of our page.

Many thanks for your comments.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

The rooms had only been given a soft refurbishment to allow us to open in time for the summer season last year and there are plans in place for a full refurbishment.

I hope this has not put you off returning to the hotel again in the future.

Patricia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballycastle
The Fullerton Arms
#4 of 8 in Portrush
Inn on the Coast
Inn on the Coast
#3 of 8 in Portrush

Been to Marine Hotel Ballycastle? Share your experiences!