“Fantastic...”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ballycastle
Ballycastle, Ireland
“Fantastic...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

From the warm welcome from the reception to the helpful and friendly waiting staff - we had a great time.
Myself and a group of friends were passing through and stopped for a meal.
The food was very good with prompt and friendly service and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
On the way out the girls on reception - Catherine and Nuala - were very helpful with our questions and gave us great tips on where to visit..
We will definitely be coming back!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Patricia-hotel-GM, General Manager at Marine Hotel Ballycastle, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Many thanks for your kind comments, I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience at the Marine Hotel.

I will pass on your thanks to Cathryn and Nuala.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Patricia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Czech first
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Hi, I am looking forward to staying in the Marine Hotel, for two nights in the next few weeks. I must admit, I think I got mixed up & was meant to book the Bayview Hotel, however, I am looking forward to my stay. It is my partners birthday when we are there, hence the reason for the break. It is a surprise for him. So far I have only been in contact with Joyce, through email, & I have to admit that she has been extremely helpful. I just hope that when we arrive we will have a great time & that the next time we are heading up North, I will intentionally booked The Marine Hotel. I hope that we have a room overlooking the sea and that we will have some fantastic food. I hope my next write up will be to say that we have a had a wonderful stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Patricia-hotel-GM, General Manager at Marine Hotel Ballycastle, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Marine Hotel, Ballycastle.

co antrim n ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

We arrived at the Marine about 5:30 ish on entering restaurant we observed no one else in it eating....We ordered our meals and waited and waited and waited I think approx 30 minutes passed before our food arrived.The food was good and we enjoyed it BUT Marine you need to get food out quicker..too slow!!! 30 Years. catering Supervisor. I know!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank normary
Many thanks for your comments, I am disappointed to read that you had a less than perfect experience at the hotel.

We have implemented new training and have a new Head Chef just started so hopefully if you return to the hotel you will see a marked improvement.

Banbridge, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and i stayed in the Marine Hotel for three nights over the weekend and had a most enjoyable stay.The staff were very warm and friendly and couldnt have been more helpful.The food was very good and very well presented with large portions(really didnt need the side portions which we had ordered.The hotel is very clean and comfortable and once the refurbishment to the rooms has been done will be a real asset to ballycastle.We will definatly stay again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Karen,

Many thanks for your kind words, I am delighted to read that you had a good experience at the hotel. I will ensure my staff are informed.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I recently held a function at the hotel (children's Christenings) and I have to say the service,food and staff were fantastic. Everyone was extremely helpful and catered to our every need. The food was lovely and very well presented as was the room. Very child friendly and reasonably priced. Would definitely recommend for any event/function. :)

• Stayed October 2013
Patricia-hotel-GM, General Manager at Marine Hotel Ballycastle, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
HI Carol,

I am really glad that your special day went well for you.

Thanks for the lovely comments and hopefully we will see you at the hotel again soon.

Ballycastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Had lunch here last saturday, and was very much impressed. Very friendly and helpful staff. The bar was clean, spacious and was sitting at a table right beside the window. The food was excellent the service was very efficient, the guiness was good, and all very reasonable priced. Will definately come back again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HI Andrew,

Thank you for your kind comments and I am delighted that you enjoyed your lunch on Saturday.

We are in the process of devising a new menu for the bistro and I hope that you will return again and sample it.

Armagh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Marine last weekend, and as other reviewers have commented the receptionist Nuala was very warm, welcoming and efficient. Her knowledge of both the hotel and the local area was excellent, she gave us a dual aspect room. we had views over the beach and Rathlin island and also the golf club and tennis courts. The room was lovely, it was clean and bright and the bed was very comfortable. We had a meal in the Bistro where again the staff were very helpful the food was quite good ( no complaints ). There was music in the lounge on the saturday evening and the duo were excellent.
A very positive stay I would recommend the Marine to any one.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christine W
Hi Christine,

Many thanks for your comments, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Marine.
Nuala is a real asset to our team and I will ensure I pass on your kind comments.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Patricia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballycastle
The Fullerton Arms
#4 of 8 in Portrush
Inn on the Coast
Inn on the Coast
#2 of 8 in Portrush

Been to Marine Hotel Ballycastle? Share your experiences!