Marine Hotel Ballycastle
$130
$126
Orbitz.com
The Fullerton Arms(Ballycastle)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssunday carverycosta coffeesea viewhotel restaurantcodfront of houselovely viewlovely mealsea frontrathlin islandcooked breakfastsconesgiants causewaydark hedgesgame of thronesbistrofoyer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My fiancee and I went to the hotel for the carvery on Sunday 15/09/13 and we were very impressed by the quality of the food and the huge selection that we had to choose from. The bar and waiting staff were very friendly, polite and helpful during our visit. We both intend to be back again very soon.....highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Patricia-hotel-GM, General Manager at Marine Hotel Ballycastle, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Hi Conor,

many thanks for your kind words, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the Carvery.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Marine Hotel in the future.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I held my wedding at the Marine on Friday the 13th September 2013. It may be an unlucky day for some, but not us. From the day we booked to hold our ceremony and reception,we couldn't have asked for more. Knowledgeable and competent staff helped organise many aspects of our day and their experience enabled me to relax, knowing everything was in good hands. I was not let down, our wedding day went without a hitch! The food, service and hospitality was 1st class.Not only was the hotel itself fantastic but the view and surrounding area is truly outstanding! I look forward to returning on my anniversary! We'll done to the new owners and staff for successfully reopening the Marine and reaching such a high standard so quickly!

• Stayed: September 2013

HI Cherri,

It was an absolute pleasure hosting your wedding at the hotel. Yourself and your mum, Greta, where a dream to work with and I am delighted that everything turned out just as you had planned.

I look forward to seeing you and your family back in the Marine again soon.

I hope you enjoyed your honeymoon :)

Reviewed September 13, 2013

stop off when pasting through to get a coffee i discovered a wee costa coffee corner located in the main foyer .Very friendly clean and service with a smile Beautiful view overlooking a little park and beyond that a ocean . Also boating marina nearby which you can get the ferry across to rathlin island .Enjoyed the coffee and a large pastry which we had to take some home with us .Just dissappointed that we had not been staying to see the bedrooms .The Receptionist was very helpful and friendly when we enquired about a weekend with them so will be back .So a big thank you to the staff

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Patricia-hotel-GM, General Manager at Marine Hotel Ballycastle, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Many thanks for your lovely comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit to the Marine Hotel.

I will ensure that the staff are made aware of your comments.

Hopefully we will see you again in the future for more coffee and buns.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Good morning Trip Advisors ...
Yesterday (11 Sept 2013), I had the privaledge of travelling with a party from Hezlet Court in Coleraine on a wee trip around the coast and in the process, stopping of at Ballycastle for something to eat.
One of the ladies in our party deceided to enter the Marine Hotel in Ballycastle so we followed ... and I am glad we did ...
The tea and scones were out of this world, as was the staff and the way in which they conducted themselves. Customer service, second to none. 100% Highly Recommended.
We EACH were given a large cup for the tea. A separate small china tea pot, with hot water and teabag, separate milk jug with milk, a plate for the scones, the scones them selves were massive and quite a bite in them, also included on the tray was miniature jar of jam, butter portions wrapped.
We asked if we could eat near the door at reception rather than at the set up table area and lady at reception said yes, it was ok.
I cannot recommend this hotel enough and I hope we will be returning in the not too distant future. I am really glad we stopped at this particular hotel.
Clean and comfortable surroundings with a lovely quiet atmosphere and in the background soft music playing which helped introduce a tranquil and serene atmosphere.
To the entire staff, may I say a big thank you for making our trip worthwhile and unforgettable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Brian A

Hi Brian,

Many thanks for your kind comments, I am delighted that you and your group enjoyed your tea and scones.

I will ensure our pastry chef is informed of your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Marine again in the future.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Visited the Marine recently midweek for lunch with some friends.Reception area not very inviting.Though busy with a coach party we eventually got a table in the bistro.Location great, food adequate though overpriced but the service was very poor.Should not need three requests to get a jug of iced water. For a recently reopened hotel trying to impress much more is needed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Raymond C

Thank you for your comments, I am very sorry to read that you did not have a good experience at the hotel.

I have addressed these issues with the Bistro Supervisor to ensure we do not encounter this again.

I hope you will visit the hotel again in the future.