“Adequate, but pricey.”

Marine Hotel Ballycastle
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ballycastle
Reviewed September 3, 2013

When I booked my reservation at the Marine Hotel I was under the impression that the entire hotel had been refurbished by new owners. While the room I was given had no appearance of fresh paint or carpet, it wasn't bad but, for 110 GBP, I expected a sea view room. The one I got overlooked the tennis courts. Bottom line, The Marine is all right, but I would suggest other accommodations if looking for a place to stay while in Ballycastle.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Sanquhar04
Patricia-hotel-GM, General Manager at Marine Hotel Ballycastle, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

I am sorry to read that you were less than satisfied with your accommodation. The hotel has recently reopened after a soft refurbishment in some areas with a view to carrying out a more extensive refurbishment of the bedrooms once we are more established.

I hope you otherwise enjoyed your stay at The Marine Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Visited on 23.08.13 with my Cousin and his wife - Excellent food and very pleasant staff. Good sized helpings all round and at very competitive prices. We had 3 different dishes - Chicken Gougons, Sirloin Steak and an Open Steak Sandwich with a side order of onion rings. We couldn't find fault with any of the dishes and would highly recommend a visit. The staff were attentive, friendly and very welcoming. Will definitely visit again on my next return to Ballycastle.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank pmca1159
Patricia-hotel-GM, General Manager at Marine Hotel Ballycastle, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Many thanks for your lovely comments.

I am glad you enjoyed your meal in the Bistro and that you received good service from my team.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great to see this hotel open again. New owners have added Costa coffee area which is handy for a hot drink and snack. Arrived with my aunt and father. Nuala on reception was more than helpful in arranging for rooms next to each other. The rooms were in excellent decorative order with very comfortable beds - good selection of teas and coffees and biscuits.

We also had dinner the ham with champ and parsley sauce was delicious. Good selection on the menu. Perhaps a little more local fish on the menu would be good.

The only fault I had was that there was not a separate bar area from the dining room. But appreciate space is limited

Had a very tasty breakfast. My father had the Ulster fry which was huge!!

Will definitely stay there again next time visiting the Antrim coast. Good luck for the future.
Briege

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Briege55

HI Briege,

many thanks for your kind comments, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that your father enjoyed his fry for breakfast.

We are planning to review our bistro menu in October and will take on board what you have said about more fish options.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Marine again soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Just had a meal in Marine Hotel Ballycastle good food great service and good prices. Would recommend it staff are the best nothing a problem and keen to please. The open steak sandwich was to die for and my wife enjoyed the pasta dish. Well worth a visit

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Willie N
Patricia-hotel-GM, General Manager at Marine Hotel Ballycastle, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Hi Willie,

Lovely to meet you both in the hotel the other day and I am glad you enjoyed your experience at the hotel.

I hope to see you both again soon, maybe for the Christmas Special !!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Went for lunch yesterday (14th Aug) and were very pleased with the service and quality of food. Generous portions and good prices in our opinion. I would definitely recommend the open steak sandwich!

Special mention to the staff who responded very quickly when my gran took a turn for the worse. They were respectful and courteous and ensured she was well.

We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jerryg0

Thanks for your kind comments, I hope your gran is feeling better now :)

I look forward to seeing you all in the hotel again soon.

Regards

Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I called into the Marine Hotel for a meal after returning from a trip to Rathlin Island. We were very impressed with the whole experience, staff were friendly, helpful and courteous. Orders were taken promptly and food served quickly and hot. We really enjoyed our meal and would have no hesitation in returning again when in the area and have been recommending to others. Keep up the high standard you are delivering at the moment. P Webb Lurgan

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your lovely message, I am delighted that you had a good experience at The Marine Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I dined here on Friday night (9th Aug) and again on Saturday evening with my daughter's family. Excellent meals on both days. Staff are open and courteous and nothing was any trouble to them. Well done the Marine!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GrumpyBumpa
Patricia-hotel-GM, General Manager at Marine Hotel Ballycastle, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

HI,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your dining experience at the hotel and that the staff treated your well, thank you for your comments.

I hope to welcome you back to the Marine Hotel again soon.

Regards

Patricia

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballycastle
The Fullerton Arms
#1 of 1 in Portballintrae
Magherabuoy House Hotel
Magherabuoy House Hotel
#5 of 8 in Portrush

Been to Marine Hotel Ballycastle? Share your experiences!