“LUNCH”

Barnish Coffee House & Tea Room
Cuisines: Irish, Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Homemade is our speciality! Wheelchair friendly. Hours 10 - 4. Not open on Wednesday. Open Sunday from 10.30 a.m. Sunday lunch starts from 1.00 p.m. We do a range of all day breakfasts, Lunches, wraps, soup,wheaten bread, scones and tray bakes etc. Range of delicious homemade desserts.tea/coffee etc. Afternoon Tea (booking preferred) to enjoy the experience! Take out service available..
Cushendun, United Kingdom
“LUNCH”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

My friends and I have eaten many times in Barnish and I must say it is a brilliant place to dine. Price wise you couldn't get better. Really good value for money. Food freshly prepared and service is excellent. We visit Barnish at least once a week and have recommended it to many friends. Give it a try...you won't be disappointed

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Margaret3251951

Oxford, England, United Kingdom
“Yummy everything - a gem to definitely not miss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

My wife and I were en-route to the Giant's Causeway and had taken the scenic coastal route from Belfast.

After about 2 hours, I was ready for a cup of coffee. With no planning whatsoever, we stopped at a filing station to get a coffee and the man behind the counter suggested that I go through to the cafe. Well, I am so glad that we did.

When I opened the door, it smelt like my Aunty Wilma's kitchen and they were rolling out shortbread to pop into the oven, just like my Aunt used to make for me 30 years ago. I saw how welcoming it was and instead of having the coffee to go, I went and got my wife out of the car and we stayed for, hot shortbread, delicious scones, a toffee apple muffin, and to top it off a serving of mash. This was our first taste of Irish potatoes and were are hooked.

Christine who is the owner and served us, was delightful and made us really welcome.

If you want a wonderful time, and great food at really really good prices, please do stop at this gem.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Allan F
northern ireland
“Best fry in Ireland and Afternoon tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Have had the best fry afternoon tea anywhere in Ireland here. This is a place for everyone to try if they what that warm home cook food or that afternoon tea treat to make yourself feel special. The staff are very friendly and can't do enough for you. It's lovely getting tea in a proper tea cup and sauce (also a mug for the people that ask) plus a big pot of tea.. I would tell everyone go have a go its one of them places you try the food and you would not go anywhere else for food and the price is very good value for money.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank nilad299
Ballycastle, United Kingdom
“Not to be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

I go out here regularly and the food is delicious. Lovely home made food prepared by Christine and her daughter ( the chef ). Don't be put off by having to go through the shop. What you find at the rear is a hidden treasure not to be missed. All the food is home made and fresh. I would recommend the mince pie absolutely beautiful. Tea is served in a china cup. Afternoon tea is value for money. The meals are all reasonably priced and gives value for money. The cliental are also friendly and it has a homely atmosphere. Why don't you go and see for yourself. You won't be disappointed. Sunday lunch is a treat as well. Located at the rear of the filling station shop in Ballyvoy just outside Ballycastle as you travel towards Cushendall.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank W4KVE
Ballycastle, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Take your friends,, They'll be empressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

One day I'll wish I'd kept this to myself. The food is delicious.

A must see, must eat, fantastically presented menu of food fit for a King. Drink your tea from the finest china, having a full teapot of tea. So friendly and relaxing you'll forget time.

Don't take my word for it, go find out yourself !

• Visited August 2013