“Would Stay Again”

Glenluce Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ballycastle
Glenluce Guest House
Ranked #22 of 24 Ballycastle B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 24, 2009

The Glenluce Lodge was a good little place. It was clean and decently priced. I was told the larger hotels or B&Bs are absolutely horrendous. I heard this from other travelers as well as people I met on the road who were actually from the town. It was a great location and an easy ride to the Causeway. Clean and when I bring my friends to visit Ireland I will stay here again. One or two nights max. Its basic but clean - most importantly. Don't expect much but it's pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank jkworldtraveler

Reviewed June 17, 2009

We stayed in Glenluce just a couple of days ago, very nice guesthouse in a enormous Victorian house. Neal welcomed us with a big smile, nice room and shower, but they could change the bed, you could feel and hear the spirals in the matrass.
Perfect breakfast. Great for a nights stay. Just 5-10 minutes walk to the town and harbor.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2009

my wife and i would like advise anyone looking for a b&b stay at this one great central location when touring. breakfast is great thanks to the 12 chickens in the back yard organic eggs no noise includeing the chickens friendly and clean dont miss house of mcdonnald pub just up the road good value

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 23H4589J
Reviewed June 1, 2009

Stayed one night in Ballycastle, as we used it as a base for the Giants Causeway. Only checked out accomodation once we arrived, so most other places we had wanted to stay at, were already booked. It was a busy time of the year, considering it was a bank holiday in the ROI and the weather was spectacular.

Had read the reviews in the LP, so I was pretty sure this guesthouse would be great. However, it was really only very average. I cant fault the management - they were very welcoming and helpful. Overall, its a guesthouse that could do with a facelift and, to me, it was more like a hostel. Our room was very basic, and unfortunately it didnt have an en-suite. But, this is more our fault as, like I said, we left it literally to the last minute to find something. But, in terms of location its great. And, Ballycastle has a lot more to offer in terms of bars and restaurants than many other towns/villages closer to the Causeway so, it suited our needs.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2009

Great guest house, with lovely tea house downstairs, the scones and buns were gorgeous, had to keep heading back to try them all! Very friendly people running it, always ready to help with any queries from where to sight see to where to go for dinner. Lovely family atmosphere.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2008

Very warm, friendly atmosphere, made to feel very welcome and the breakfast was delicious!

We will definitely be back again soon!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 8, 2008

We stayed just one night at this B&B and that was enough. The room was on the fourth floor and the climb was definitely not worth it. The room was shabby. The window didn't close properly so the traffic noise was loud and wind blew in. The blinds were torn as was the wallpaper and the sheet on the bed. The bed itself was cheap and uncomfortable. There was only one small old towel each, the shower was pathetic and kept going from very hot to cold.
We were told we had to pay cash and had to ask for a receipt.
I wish I had looked at Trip Advisor first as I now read on a number of B&B's which sound so much better.

• Stayed: September 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)