“Love the forest not the campsite” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 225 things to do in County Antrim
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Love the forest not the campsite”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

went with kids to get away from it all and for bit of quiet. We went for a walk in the park late on and it was beautiful we could hear the birds and the water. Unfortunately when on the campsite the only nature we got close to was the thousands of midges which swarmed the site will definitely NOT recommend this site and never be back as quads kept us all awake and meant we couldn't even play beside our tent. Other campers were not impressed either and when reported to ranger he said that the boys were staying with a travellers community on site. Do not go to this site go to Cushendall and camp, they have pods for £40 had I known this I would have packed up and left :( v unhappy. Enjoyed the cafe in the park though.

• Polish first
Belfast
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Beware”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We arrived midday yesterday. The site was empty apart from a few tents and vans. We paid for two nights the surroundings are really tranqil and the facilities ok.

The peace didnt last long. The quads started at 5 and went on until 11. Then the drinking, wailing, repetitive music and shouting began and went on until the early hours. It became apparent we were sharing the site with travellers, pikies, gypsies whatever you prefer to call them. After last night's experience I have no desire to seek out a particularly politically correct name to refer to them by.

They do not care about anyone else and true to form they are a law onto themselves. We spoke to both rangers who were familiar with them and well aware of their behaviour.

We had paid for Sunday night but left as soon as we could pack up-just around the time when the quad bikes started again!

It's a shame because the site is nice but ruined by these people. The site had filled up yesterday afternoon and evening but by this morning all but two had packed up and left. Unsurprisingly basics like common courtesy and thought for others just doesn't occur to these people.

1 Thank Karen M
“Complaints”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

It was good but the midges wouldn't go away last night people were annoyed by the midges and I would not go back there ever again with duke of ed because boys in the quads woke us all up and we couldn't get to sleep

Manchester, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“the most beautiful place to be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I cannot describe this place, I love it, it is the place to relax, to be yourself, to think, ponder and decide. I walked here on two days and I didn't want to leave. The food in the laragh lodge was the best that I have ever had, it was excellent.

Visited July 2012
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Call Ahead for Trail Openings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

The grounds are stunning, but be sure to phone ahead of time if you're interested in the main Waterfall Trail. My husband and I drove an hour only to find that the Waterfall Trail and part of the Scenic Trail had been closed due to a recent storm. However, the viewpoints along the Scenic Trail provide stunning views, so it is still well worth the trip.

There is a £4.50 fee per car to enter the main parking lot (different to what a previous reviewer experienced) with access to bathroom facilities and a large scenic picnic area.

Visited May 2013