“Friendly staff and good food (desserts excluded)”
Review of CoCo

CoCo
Ranked #55 of 1,136 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Friendly staff albeit they appeared over stretched. The mains were well presented and tasty - the penne pasta and the smoked haddock both highly recommended. Unfortunately the dessert was a big disappointment - the creme brulee very hard and gritty on the top, and lumpy custard. I appreciate it's a difficult dessert but frankly shouldn't be on the menu if the chef can't pull it off.

Still, definitely worth a visit - just avoid the creme brulee.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here on numerous occasions, mostly Sunday evenings, and have never been disappointed.
Love the lazy Sunday menu, always great options, and the quality of the food is superb. The staff are friendly and create a lovely atmosphere.
Can't wait till next visit.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I'd heard excellent things about CoCo and I wasn't disappointed. The food was very nice. Not the very best I've had in Belfast but certainly in the top 5. The menu seems to favour fish dishes the most so if that's your thing then you should be spoiled for choice. The cocktails are also lovely and surprisingly reasonably priced. The decor is classy and cool with lots of interesting pictures on the walls.

But for me the highlight of the place was the staff. They are knowledgable and friendly and put you at your ease. After we finished our meal, they were happy for us to sit on for a couple more drinks in our own time. In some restaurants I've found service suddenly drops away once the meal is finished but this was definitely not the case here. Its also worth mentioning that while the menu prices do initially look quite high, portions are very generous and you could easily forgoe adding any further expense with sides. I'd definitely return to CoCo.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband n i went for pre theatre meal on 1.6.13 nice restaurant and service good n fast i had goats cheese fritters which were jus like iceland food cooked from frozen def not fresh my husband had soup which was ok at least vegetables in it were fresh we then opted for curry battered cod n chips mine was cremated leavin a burnt food taste in my mouth and there was more fish in a half fish finger than in my fish as it was burnt my husbands really was quite similar the waiter offered me a new dish n i declined as i didnt want 2 wait any longer so i jus eat my chips the head waiter did take the food of the bill but we were very disappointed dont think we will ever go back as there are loads of good restaurants in belfast

1  Thank sharon2912
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Centrally located just at the back of the City Hall, CoCo never fails to deliver - starched white linen, plenty of space between tables, a few little banquettes which are perfect for a long lunch and some quirky artwork set the atmosphere. The staff are always lovely and very professional. I just love the food - all super fresh and perfectly judged and sauced. The menu is always well balanced and intriguing and it's one of the few places I always order dessert. Today we had mains of Sea Trout with pea risotto and Smoked Haddock with champ, with a shared Chocolate Pave for pudding. Delicious as ever.

2  Thank Victoria N