“Amazing place...made our weekend in Belfast really special.”
Review of James Street South

James Street South
Ranked #23 of 1,051 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: City Centre Restaurant with Cookery School. Using the best of Northern Irish produce for a seasonal menu. Pre theatre Mon-Fri £21.50, A La Carte and Tasting Menu always available. Now with Private Dining Room and The Bar and Grill, a more casual dining option located next door. Our other restaurants are The Bar & Grill at James Street South, Hadskis and Cast & Crew.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing place...made our weekend in Belfast really special.”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Having booked a two night stay in Belfast - first timers in Belfast - we wanted dinner to be really special. Often when visiting a new city, you can be so dissapointed about your choice of restaurant, and feel a bit let down by the place.

So pleased we chose James Street South.

Really friendly welcome and attention...

Service, decor, atmosphere...perfect.

Oh, and the food! Beautiful.

Well done JSS...

Belfast, United Kingdom
“usual excellent meal”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

we booked on line (which is always easy and convenient) and looked forward to the usual excellent standard of cuisine at JSS. The waiting staff are efficient but friendly and I can only say that having seen a review which rated the place as over polite I couldn't disagree more: our waiter was friendly and informative without being intrusive. I always enjoy the selection of starters ("The JSS plate") since i want to try a bit of everything and it didnt disappoint. we didnt order dessert but really enjoyed the macaroons which arrived with coffee. all in all a lovely meal.

• Visited October 2013

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“satisfactory lunchtime meal”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

i was very pleased with my recent lunch in James Street South. The service was excellent as was the house wine and the food. I would come here again. The price was more than I usually pay but that would not stop me from coming back.

“Tasty!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

We were two adults and one child that came here for the pre theatre menu. The staff were fantastic from the moment we arrived. They were helpful and friendly and had a little banter with the youngest member of our party. My starter was poached John Dory with pickled vegetables which I wasn't too keen on, however that is personal taste and there was nothing wrong with the dish whatsoever. I had the lambs belly with pearl barley and carrots for main and the burst of flavours in my mouth was unbelievable. It was easily the nicest lamb I have ever had. I had the cheeseboard for dessert which was fabulous too. All three of us absolutely loved our meal here, the youngest member disappointed that she hadn't had the lamb!! Would definitely come back and try the full a la carte!

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Evening”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

I can not recommend this establishment enough from the friendly welcome from the staff to the excellent food I was extremely impressed by this little gem in Belfast. There was a great range of options to choose from in the menu and everything was cooked perfect to order ... To many time have I asked for rare and been disappointed with over cooked meat. My partners meal and I was perfect we had three courses each and a bottle of wine and enjoyed every bite. It was a great price and a great atmosphere... Well done I can not recommend you enough to friends.