“Anniversary meal”

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: City Centre Restaurant with Cookery School. Using the best of Northern Irish produce for a seasonal menu. Pre theatre Mon-Fri £21.50, A La Carte and Tasting Menu always available. Now with Private Dining Room and The Bar and Grill, a more casual dining option located next door. Our other restaurants are The Bar & Grill at James Street South, Hadskis and Cast & Crew.
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Fantastic food anyone that hasn't been here should go the atmosphere is good and the service impeccable I had pea & crab risotto followed by the venison my husband ordered the pork which was tough and without any trouble they changed it to the venison and even brought me a fresh meal as well. They had been having problems already with the pork. A must for any one who loves great food. We will be back.

Managerjss, Manager at James Street South, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear Chinablue40,

Thank you for taking the time to post your very complimentary review, we are thrilled that you enjoyed your anniversary with us.

The pork dish has now been removed from the menu but I am thrilled that your husband enjoyed the venison.

We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

What more can I say, quite simply the best restaurant in Belfast. I love it.If you are visiting Belfast it's a must. If you live in Belfast then why have you not been here already????

Dear Ladyllewellyn,

Thank you for taking the time to post your very flattering review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us.

Please continue to spread the good word and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Visited Saturday night and had a superb meal. From the cured salmon to the steak no complaints possible . Service was excellent and Nial on hand to ensure food was sublime. J Nicholson wine list added to the fab fare on offer. No rush to vacate table. Well worth a visit which I I'm due to repeat on 02013

Dear Beekeeper16328,

Thank you for taking the time to write your very complimentary review, customer feedback is of the highest importance to us.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us, the cured salmon is also a personal favourite of mine.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a really beautiful meal at James Street South last weekend. Apart from the excellent service and wine list, the restaurant served up a perfectly executed Italian dish - courgettes flowers stuffed with goats cheese in a light tempura with a honey and truffle dressing - absolutely fabulous, better than any I have ever tasted in Italy. Its fantastic to still have a restaurant in Belfast where you can have really fine dining in a welcoming atmosphere and at very agreeable prices.

Dear Altobelli,

Thank you for taking the time to post your very flattering review, customer feedback is of paramount importance to us, we pride ourselves on our standards of food and service and we are always delighted when they are recognized by our customers.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed the courgette flowers, they are an amazing dish. We have now added them to our a la carte menu while they are still in season.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

The food was beautiful, presented well and the service was excellent! Lovely room and atmosphere as every table was full. The waitress was expressive and articulate about the food and we instantly had a good rapport with her. Recently engaged and home visiting my parents, I asked friends for advise on a great restaurant - they suggested James Street South. We were not disappointed!
After reading through the menu we decided on having the halibut. The waitress took our order and suggested we have one of the specials - "strips of fish lightly breaded". My Fiancee decided to have this special on the recommendation of the waitress and I kept to the decision to have the halibut.
The wine arrived first and was a great choice! The food arrived about 5 minutes later. My fiance started her food, and then stated the fish was just fish goujons and she was disappointed as it was not what she was expecting. We called the waitress over and explained to her the goujons were disappointing. She listened, apologised and went off to talk to the chef. Seconds later she arrived back, apologised again, and informing us the chef would make 2 new halibut's; then took everything away.
While we were waiting we received 2 glasses of champagne and another apology about the goujons being disappointing. The food arrived and we were both not disappointed!
I can only recommend the service we received from this brillant establishment, the food was beautiful and well presented. Thank you for resolving and recovering what could have been a huge disappointment to both of us! I cant remember the waitress's name but I would like to thank her for her kind comments and speedy response to a difficult situation.

Dear Roverpete,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, customer feedback is of the highest importance to us. We pride ourselves on our standards of food and service and we are always thrilled when they are recognised by our customers.

Sara was your waitress on the evening you dined with us and I know she will be chuffed with your compliments on her service, I am thrilled that she added to your evening and rectified the issue with your main course.

We do hope that we will see you again when you are back in Belfast.