“Ibiza feel on a Belfast rooftop”
Review of AMPM

AMPM
Ranked #123 of 1,073 Restaurants in Belfast
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In 2002 AMPM was set up in Upper Arthur Street Belfast. Combining an intimate, unique cutting edge ambience AMPM was known for its stylish design, atmosphere & wholesome cuisine. Since then AMPM Restaurant has evolved and was extended and refurbished in 2011. It is known for its combination of unique, original, incomparable, quirky decor, ambience & cuisine. AMPM Restaurant Belfast City Centre is located near the City Hall and is one of the finest restaurants in Belfast We are positioned at the epicentre of all that happens in Belfast both literally and metaphorically. Unique, quaint, chic, cosy, sexy, funky are all descriptions that 'nearly' let you know what this place is like. From French chic decor to Irish fusion cuisine AM PM Arthur street is the best blend of good taste. You will find the shabby chic rubbing shoulders with the classically demur. The menu is global comfort food and old favourites with a new suit of clothes and by god it looks good and tastes even better. With most of Belfast's dj's cutting their teeth at this intimate venue AMPM Arthur has and continues to be at the cutting edge of all that is good about an outlet that is not afraid to be different
Billericay, England, United Kingdom
“Ibiza feel on a Belfast rooftop”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Had a superb lunch and spent a great afternoon in the Treehouse (rooftop of AM/PM). The ambiance was perfect for a hot Summer day in Belfast. Staff were so welcoming and accommodating. Simple but extremely tasty menu. The tunes playing made me feel like I was on a sun deck in Ibiza. So worth a trip and I look forward to returning again soon. Absolutely worth a visit!

• Visited July 2013

“Good concept but bad execution of it.”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Went here last night to see a show (which was great). Straight away I picked up on the staff, a lot of them seemed very on edge which made me feel quite uncomfortable and unable to relax.

The food was ok, it came out fairly quickly and was pretty tasty although starter was a tad cold and there was no butter for the bread, staff seemed really busy so I didn't want to add more pressure by asking for it.

The drinks were a disaster. We asked for a tea which only materialised after we asked again 20 mins later. We ordered more drinks which yet again only arrived after we asked again for them 30 mins later and we also noticed the tables next to us had to ask for a few of their drinks orders again.

It's definitely a good concept but falls down in the execution. I feel staff were under a lot of pressure as the "butlers" (as called by the establishment) were looking after a lot of tables.

The place would make a lot more money if people were allowed to go to the bar to order more drinks or if they had more staff working so we could order drinks without feeling like a hindrance.

Overall I would recommend this place for a show but wouldn't go back for food or drinks unless I was assured they had more confident staff.

• Visited July 2013
Belfast
“....what can I say.”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The day was booked for my sons Christening for 35 people.
The service, food, atmosphere and surroundings are in my opinion were flawless.

I highly recommend this venue for anything from afternoon lunch to private party to evening meal.

Customer service phenomenal.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Brillant”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had a lovely time , platter was beautiful , staff where attentive with out being intrusive :)
we will be returning to sample more of the menu and shows on offer :)

Larne
“Cabaret night”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was my second time at AMPM bar. Very disappointed.
Was with a party of six girls. We all eat out on a regular basis
We thought the cabaret night would be a nice change from the norm. Food drink and entertainment all in the one place.
When we arrived our drinks order was taken. Then after a look at the menu and placing our food order our drinks still hadn't arrived. Our starter came before our drink. Might I add no waiters to be seen then all of a sudden there were three waiters at our table trying to sort out our drinks while we were eating. Very rude.
The starters were very salty and when we complained about this we were told chef had tasted the food and it was fine. This is not good customer service in my books.
Main course was very small and any extras were extortionately priced.
A night that reasonably cost less than £40 could have easily turned out to be very expensive.
Entertainment was mediocre. The main act comedian/ singer was very rude to one of our party. A young very trendy girl who he said looked like a lesbian just because she had short hair.
When we decided to settle the bill we discovered that there was a 10% service charge on the whole bill not just the food. Yes this is in the small print but I think this charge should be at the customers discretion. In this case considering the food service and entertainment plus the price of drinks we would not have paid it. A bottle of presseco which was £30 then became £33 this is extortion.
All in all a very disappointing evening.

2 Thank Tracey M