“Great little Italian!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Queen's Quarter
Description: Scalini is an Italian family run pizzeria restaurant in the heart of South Belfast & within walking distance of Queen's University & Botanic Gardens. Since opening in October 2001 its popularity has grown to become one of Belfast's favourite Italian eateries. A Mediterranean glow welcomes you on entering the doors of Scalini - not just in the warm ochre hue of the décor but also in the welcome from our friendly staff.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great little Italian!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

What a very nice (authentic) Italian meal! The staff are always so attentive, the food absolutely delicious and the ambience very nice. The prices are good because you're getting what you pay for. All in all, a lovely eating experience every single time! Go there, you won't be disappointed!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Meal”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was a bit apprehensive when I saw the size of the place and how busy it was (7.30 pm on Saturday every table was full and people were queuing I am glad I had booked) however I was pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious and the service excellent!

London, United Kingdom
“Why the hype?”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Visited on a Friday night around 7pm, already busy. Ordered the seared tuna special which I couldn't eat, overcooked. I did let the waitress know and the " manager" apologised and offered another. I declined although I did tell him the accompanying salad was delicious. He then returned to say he had taken it off our bill. The rest of the food was fine although I wouldn't rave about it, didn't have dessert....
Overall, we found the place just too big and impersonal and the espresso ordered at the end of the meal came in a huge cup, it was really an Americano. My husband is of Italian origin and we eat regularly at our local Italian , Giovanni in Winchmore Hill North London which is fantastic, the real deal ; maybe our expectations were too high?

Next time,we'd much rather try somewhere a bit more intimate.

• Visited June 2013
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Lovely Traditional Italian”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great food, and a great atmosphere. It was reasonably priced too. You cant make a reservation for less that 7 or 8 , but we had no problems getting a table. Friendly staff, making sure everything was okay with us. They offered to keep our meal warm as you ventured to the toilet! So as mentioned in most reviews they are up a few stairs! :)

• Visited June 2013
Dublin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food lovely”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The service was excellent and the food was delicious, I particularly liked the fact that the pizza was prepared in the restaurant. Value for money too.