“Very nice little restaurant.”
Review of Lolita - CLOSED

Lolita
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stranmillis
Portstewart, Londonderry.
“Very nice little restaurant.”
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Visited here for the first time on Tuesday past and had a very pleasant experience. I availed of a Living Social deal with my good lady and we both enjoyed the very good, attentive service and the really nice interior of the restaurant. I was worried about portion sizes, but thankfully they were fairly good. I ordered a nice starter and then my usual chicken tikka madras and garlic naan. Good spice off the madras, but 2/3 bites/pieces of the chicken was a little tougher than I might have liked. Naan was good and fresh. Cobra bottles (for just less than a fiver) are, in my opinion, the perfect accompaniment to a meal like this.
All in all, a really nice place with decent food. My usual Indian haunt is truthfully a good bit better, but if you're wanting classy surroundings with great service, Lolita is hard to beat if you're in Belfast...!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Andy_79

Manchester
“Very average”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Food OK - very average. I found the portion sizes quite disappointing. Could count on one hand how many pieces of chicken were in my curry.

Service is efficient, yet not particularly friendly or helpful. Whilst taking our order a group arrived and our waiter wanted to abandon us, mid ordering, to deal with these customers in spite of there being three other members of staff standing idle around the bar area.

Pricing is slightly optimistic, in my opinion, in context to the quality of the food. I consider charging £1.50 for one (broken up) poppadum a bit much. Similarly, charging for certain dips seems a bit excessive and whilst it may appear fairly trivial, shaped my overall impression of the restaurant.

With Indie Spice just across the road I don't envisage eating here again.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Mugatny
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Our favourite Indian Restaurant”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We go to Lolita's fairly regularly now (maybe twice a month) and it is always the same excellent quality and service. It may be slightly more expensive than other Indian restaurants, but it's definitely worth it! Always a great treat :)

• Visited April 2014
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Groupon users ....”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We had our 2nd Groupon voucher meal in Lolita's last night (24 Feb). Small print on the voucher said starter to value £4.95 with seafood £1.50 extra. Even though my seafood starter was priced at £4.95 I had to pay the additional charge. Same thing would have happened with the main had I chosen a seafood variant (£3 extra). Two courses allowed with voucher and naan bread & wine extra. One suggestion to owners if they run the Groupon voucher again - "cut out the small print and just make it food to the value of £40 (eg) - dininks extra".

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank Gavin_Bamford
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Overpriced flavourless rubbish”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

My email to them, I cannot be bothered wasting more time retyping it

Hi

I have just been in for dinner with my wife; i wont be back, nor recommend your restaurant.

1. we were asked if we had booked when half the restaurant was empty;
2. the prices on your menu are ridiculously expensive noting rice is not included in your £10.50+ main prices. - £25 for just two main courses???
3. your menu is limited;
4. for the price, the portions are tiny;
5. when your waiter clears the table, it might be best to retrain them so they don't throw the cutlery at the plates they have lifted;
6. attitude is everything and your waiting staff have no personality and my being there was clearly an inconvenience;

I shall inconvenience them no more and never be back. I shall advise my friends to stay with the bengal brasserie on the Ormeau Road as the extra 5 minute journey is a waste of time.

• Visited February 2014