“READ THE MENU CAREFULLY...”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Lolita - CLOSED

Lolita
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighborhood: Stranmillis
Belfast, United Kingdom
“READ THE MENU CAREFULLY...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I visited this restaurant recently with friends, and just wanted to share the fact that it isnt great value for money. Surroundings are lovely, and staff friendly and efficient....but the prices are high, for what you get, and customers should pay attention to items listed on the menu as extras... and I am referring to items normally regarded as 'included'. When ordering, I discovered that rice is listed separately as a 'side dish' and as such there is an extra charge for it. Also surprising was that sauces are priced individually....very unusual. I would also like to say that the food was just ok, and not particulrly well seasoned. I know with Indian food, spice and flavour is very much a personal thing, and one of individual taste. I am not a great fan of extremely hot or spicey food, and even I found a lot of the dishes to be a bit bland. I won't be going back to this establishment, despite the friendly ambience and friendly staff.

2 Thank BRETT M

belfast
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

WENT TO LOLITA on a groupon gift i recieved, it turned out to be one of the nicest indian meals we have experienced. the staff were very pleasant, and the restuarant was very welcoming and smart, all our dishes were plentiful and tasty, would definitely return again to this excellent restaurant.

2 Thank Billy W
Belfast, N.Ireland
“Very good ... but ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Indian is my favourite so my wife and I looked forward to eating at Lolita's for a first time experience; a Groupon deal. The food ordered and served, starters and main course, were excellent as to quality and quantity ... but ...
My wife was seated against a wall where the air conditioning was blowing directly onto her ... we asked for a move but tables were taken, so we were told. Following the starters, two mains dishes arrived .. but not the ones we ordered. Once the correct order was set down we started to enjoy our meal ... until a garlic nan was set down, which we hadn't ordered but ... the waiter let us keep it, courtesy of the house.
The meal was excellent... then ... we ordered two coffee's which, we were told, would take a bit of time as they were busy ... half an hour later no coffee so i went to pay my bill only to find out they had no coffee ... ok ... why did no one inform us ...?
I will revisit this Indian as the food was excellent ... but, the management need to train the staff as to orders placed and customer service ...

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank DubbleH
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Average food, below average service....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We ate here on a Sunday evening in a party of 6. It was difficult to engage the waiting staff though we did try. The wine was good value as was the Groupon deal on the food. However we had some difficulty getting our food while it was still hot otherwise the food would have been good! Lovely flavours and spices....... Disappointing restaurant but not as bad of some of the previous reviews! We had a nice round table in the window.

• Visited August 2013
“Top quality indian food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

A couple of months ago my wife picked up a Groupon offer for Lolita - and last night we had an opportunity to use it.

I had been to Lolita a couple of years ago and I remembered it to be very good then - but with having young kids we don't get out that often. However a £23 Groupon deal (starter / main / rice / one other side for 2 people) for this indian restaurant was too good to turn down.

The service was friendly - they offered us a nice table - quickly asked us if we wanted aperitifs - took our orders promptly and efficiently and brought the courses in good order. The average starter is probably £4.50 and main £12 (rice and sides extra). We both agreed the 4 dishes we had - as well as our side dishes - were delicious. The service was just as we like it - attentive but not intrusive.

The restaurant is clean and well laid out so that you don't sit too close to other diners. The cleanliness of an establishment can often also be measured by the state of the loos and the toilet was faultless in that regard - and they even have that nice little touch of having small handtowels for drying your hands.

We paid a tenner on top of our Groupon coupon for one small and one large Cobra beer and a sprite - and of course we left a tip - so in total it cost £38. Without the coupon the meal would have cost another £20 or so - but even then it would have been a good value meal.

All told - if I wanted to go out for another Indian meal - I would not look any further than another trip to Lolita on the Stranmillis Road.