“Great Atmosphere”
Review of Tedfords

Tedfords
Ranked #92 of 1,047 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: European, British, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Closed Sun & Mon. A La Carte Tue-Sat from 5pm Pre-Theatre until 6.30pm 3Courses £22. Set lunch from £17 Thur&Fri. Laganside location close to Waterfront and Odyssey Concert Venues. Specialising in Seafood though our constantly changing menu also features the finest local meats.
Horndean
“Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Enjoyed a Christmas Lunch with friends which was very good. The food was well prepared and served with a good selection of wines. Friendly and attentive service and not unduly hurried up to vacate the table.

Visited December 2012

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Should be number 1!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is without doubt my favourite restaurant in Belfast. My husband and I ate here on Saturday night (our xmas present to ourselves lol) and from start to finish it was 1st class.
We had dealings with 4 different members of staff, all of whom were extremely pleasant and helpful.
To start I had scallops, my husband had spring rolls - actually we both had half of each! Both were delicious, although if I had to choose the scallops definitely had the edge.
Mains were turbot and monkfish with an obligatory side of chunky chips. Only complaint was not enough room left for dessert!
All washed down with Paddock shiraz - decent bottle at a reasonable price.
All in all an excellent evening. Only one suggestion...might want to consider locally brewed beers!
Already planning the return visit.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank robertandsimone
Dublin, Ireland
“fantastic”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

had lunch here recently for the first time and have to say what a eye opener, scallops were fresh and plump, cod and lobster main super. this is serious food cooking going on here and if ur going to winge and bad mouth this restaurant about not having ur jacket taken from you stay at home. top marks tedfords

• Visited November 2012
Belfast, United Kingdom
“A worthwhile if strange visit”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I went with a friend for our usual pre-Christmas dinner. The restaurant wasn't overly busy on the Saturday just before Christmas perhaps due to the weather or some of the things going on in the province. We were met by a friendly concierge and led to a nice table right away. We both looked at the menus and were surprised at the lack of fish, for which Tedfords is famous. We then overheard one of the waitresses telling one of the other tables that they had difficulty sourcing their usual produce this week which explained it. Both my friend and I opted for scallops with seafood spring rolls for starter. The dishes arrived, both with two huge scallops and spring rolls on them. We both agreed however that these were rather tasteless and came with a rather odd, eggy-tasting aioli. We were offered bread as well - the caramelised onion bread was absolutely gorgeous. For main, we were perturbed to find that the curried monkish, one of the staple dishes, was £24! I appreciate that they couldn't get the produce but £24 for any main course is ridiculous in this climate. I instead opted for turkey and ham at £15. This was lovely, incredibly tender and came with a delicious buttery champ however it was a little strange given that Tedfords is a seafood restaurant. My friend got duck confit with a risotto cake which looked tender and he very much enjoyed. He was however told that these came with the rather odd accompaniment of chips although he didn't get any whilst others having the same dish did. For dessert, I went for passionfruit cheesecake which was lovely and light and the passionfruit didn't overpower the cheesecake itself. My friend had chocolate parfait which he also enjoyed. The service was very good and staff were attentive and un-intrusive but I did very much get the feeling that they were trying to get rid of food given that this would be the last day they would be open before Christmas which may also explain the slightly-lacking menu. It wouldn't put me off coming again as I did enjoy the evening but I would suggest they also review some of their prices and remove that awful scallops/spring rolls starter.

• Visited December 2012
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Having heard so much about Tedford's we were really excited about eating there and had even selected our dishes from the online menu. Having booked just before christmas we were expecting to have a "christmas menu" in addition to the regular "a la carte" option however only a christmas menu was available which was not made clear when we booked the table.
Not to be put off, we went ahead anyway and as many other reviewers have noted, the welcome very unprofessional - we were seated without our jackets being taken and if wanting to sell itself as a "high-end eatery" this is faux pas number 1! The service in general was mediocre and i feel even a smile would have gone a long way to have improved this! In addition, not one of our dishes were explained to us, as is customary in high-end restaurants and there was no amuse bouche.

As far as the food was concerned my starter of pan fried scallops was excellent but was most certainly the only dish out of 6 which made any mark as everything else was average at best. I also ordered the cheeseboard which arrived with the grape chutney which was certainly one of the vilest things i've ever tasted.

Having spent about £120 for a meal for 2 we were left with a very bad taste in our mouths. I would not recommend this restaurant to friends or family and as one other reviewer commented would definitely advise people to drive past and spend their money elsewhere.

6 Thank Victoriab1