“Gaze - food good. Service terrible”
Review of Gaze

Gaze
Ranked #848 of 1,135 Restaurants in Belfast
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Visited this restaurant as we live just round the corner. Service terrible - waitress could not be more unfriendly if she tried. I asked if i could get a half a half with my meal and I got a barked "NO" back at me - i sat looking at her expecting maybe something more but just got a rude stare. Food was good - cannot deny that. Was seriously overcharged for corkage - rectified once this was brought to their attention. Would not go again due to poor service. Unfortunate as the food was good

2  Thank weehaggis07

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Start with the good points,
OK food, pleasent staff........ thats it

Areas the restaurant needs to consider.
freezing plates very quickly made the hot food cool down to the point I was eating cold food by the end of the meal. Sauce became a jelly ughhhh
hard wooden seats no cusions offered, if I wanted hard seats I could order a carry out and sit on a park bench nearby.
No itimacy what so ever, During out fairly short meal we had three different couples sit next to us and I mean right next to us so out elbows were touching??? When a space became available in the next row each got up and moved to that table.
A customer who obviously had a little to much to drink was served a carryout right beside the tables where sitting customers were having their dinner.
This is a glorified carryout with little space for those want a relaxing meal in pleasent surrounding. There are better places for the same price.

1  Thank PP29th
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I visited Gaze in the E* complex in Dundonald and found my experience pleasant. The food was very good and there was a large portion served to me. It is very affordable and the restaurant is in a great location. However, as much as I understand the staff were not busy during my visit, I did not appreciate them lingering nearby the table and awkwardly watching my friend and I eat. Perhaps better when it's slightly busier so you can relax a little more.

Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I Love this restaurant as do friends who live in the area; we've been on quite a few occasions and have never been disappointed. The food is glorious the service prompt though unobtrusive and the atmosphere one of happy foodies.
Space is limited here five long tables with benches mean couples can end up sharing though the tables are long enough for this to still feel comfortable.
Gaze is one of my favourite hunts in Belfast for lunch or dinner; it's a little more casual than most in it's seating layout but this takes nothing away from the experience. Enjoy!

1  Thank arty m
Reviewed November 29, 2012

When this place first opened, it was amazing. Now, it is average. The staff are decent, the selection decent and the quality is OK.

I still go when I am back for a visit but like nostalgia, it isn't what it used to be.

1  Thank Ianoakpark