“Cant get enough of it!!!!”

Boojum - Botanic Avenue
Ranked #78 of 1,147 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is the best food I have ever tasted and I cannot stop going back!! The only critic is there is always a que but the food id defenitly worth the wait as its ready in about a minute of starting ur selections!!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

My partner is from Belfast and every time we go back to visit we ALWAYS get a Boojum. This place ticks all the boxes in terms of value for money, taste, quality and enjoyment. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Boojum to anyone and I really do they think would make a fortune if they opened up more restaurants right across the UK!

Highly recommend.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I am not too familiar with the Mexican kitchen, but Boojum's burrito's are absolutely my favorite in Belfast. The prices are reasonable, and their portions are just massive. One boojum, and I have eaten for one entire day. Or more. Pity that, because they are so popular, they can just close whenever they want. Last week (or was it the one before?) the door was simply shut. And their opening hours are limited as well, but I guess this only adds to exclusiveness! The other problem is that Boojum is not really a restaurant where you can sit comfortably. It's like the McDonalds attitude; empty your plate and... get lost! Boojum is more of a take-away than a restaurant, I would say.
But the food is good and their system of ordering is nice and simple. Just pick the base, the ingredients, the sauce and... ready to eat!
Anyhow... my loyalty card is filling fast, the first free burrito is near!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I've been here a few times to know that the queue is absolutely crazy at lunchtimes so I opted for an early lunch when I was in the city for work.

Had the veggie burrito and wasn't disappointed at all, it was so big that I only managed half of it and left very very stuffed. Love the fact you can choose everything - down to a white or wholemeal wrap!

If there's one place to go to in Belfast for lunch, it's here!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

After listening to colleagues raving about this place I felt like I needed to try it. We headed round and the queue was out the door so I thought that this place would be amazing. How wrong was I???
To begin with, I was overcharged, however I didn't realise this until I returned to work and checked the change in my pocket. I had the pulled pork burrito and thought that it would be really flavoursome, again I was wrong. There wasn't much flavour to any of it. The worst thing about this burrito was the sogginess, the best way I could describe my lunch was tasteless,watery mush. Will not be returning!!!

6  Thank belfasttraveller2107
John B, Owner at Boojum - Botanic Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch about your recent boojum experience. It
doesn't sound like it was a great one so I was wondering if you could
email emma@boojummex.com with some more information about exactly what you got
in your burrito? Bland and flavourless are not normally the feedback we
receive so perhaps something went wrong with your burrito on the day you
were in.

The pork wouldn't have as strong a flavour as say the shredded beef or
chilli but there should have been flavour coming from the rice, beans,
salsas, etc. So if you're able to email us more information that would
be great.