“Viva Mexico”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

This place was one that we had heard about during our visit to Belfast. We got there and there was a line out the door and down the street. I said, 'forget this' but got in line anyway. The wait was well worth it friends. The food was great tasting and plenty of it. Plus you get to custom build you own burrito. No way would you leave hungry. Very satisfying lunch indeed. Thanks.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Popped in for a chicken burrito bowl. Very tasty. One of the nicer Mexican places around. Cool set up if you are in the mood of some fast food with friends.

1  Thank paul_laz
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I visited with colleagues who were raving about the place and was left wondering what they thought was so great.

I opted for a chicken burrito and they had beef which may have been the reason - they use all parts of the chicken including the dark slimy bits and the skin which is just disgusting. Perhaps they use better cuts of beef. They obviously think that the seasoning and other components of the burrito will hide the fact that they are using the cheaper bits of the chicken but i certainly was not fooled. I picked all the chicken out and ate the rest but the experience left a bad taste in my mouth and I would not recommend the place, nor will i be back.

3  Thank amandamc31
John B, Owner at Boojum - Botanic Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Hi Amanda,
Thanks very much for getting in touch and I'm sorry to here that you had a bad experience when you cam into boojum. We use chicken thigh as we find this works well with the marinade and becomes more flavourful. We don't use any skin as our chicken comes in completely skinless from the supplier. Chicken is our most popular menu item and we haven't had any complaints about skin, but if you did find skin in your food this is a definite mistake and we would like to contact our suppliers and see what happened. If you could send more information about the date/time of your visit to emma@boojummex.com we will investigate this further.
Many thanks,
John

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Probably the best fast food in Belfast. Very generous portions as well. I don't eat meat so it is just so lovely to be able to get something vegetarian and so tasty and fresh. I pride myself on my Mexican food and Boojum is a very close 2nd.

2  Thank forhm
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Simple and tasty. Always a queue and friendly enough staff. Seem to have got it just right. There are two and both equally good.

1  Thank belfastim