“yum yum”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed October 11, 2012

my favourite is the vegetarian burrito, really yummy! only flipsides it's that sometimes you can find very long queues (not difficult to guess why!) and there's not much space to eat in. For the rest, it's great!!!

1  Thank NicoleGalenKatt

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I've been eating regularly in Boojum for the last couple of years and it has never disappointed. Sure, it is 'fast food' but it never fails to be freshly prepared and beautifully flavoured. I really can't praise it highly enough and I strongly recommend it to you.

1  Thank Yermaaaaa
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The best thing to hit Belfast in a long time.

Is it fast food? I'm not to sure. It's definatly made quickly but you don't have that sickly fattening feeling after munching down on one of their fine Burritos. Satisfyingly tasty and you won't need to eat for a while after.

My favourite is the Burritos, often differentiating between meats on different occasions. If you want something that is going to fill you up for a good price rather than going to the normal Fast Food Chains hit Boojum. Of course if you don't like Mexican Burritos, Tacos or Fajitas avoid because this is all it offers. You know by looking at the constant and never ending queues that it's a winner. Fast efficent and truly unbelievable tastes come from the different fillings you get to choose from. I'm a weekely customer and just hope that more of these pop up soon, preferably one closer to home. Hands down favourite in my eyes whenever I'm on the go or just need a quick fix. Plus they serve Beer ;-)

1  Thank BelfastReviewer87
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have been eating at Boojum often and for a long time and I have to say I was disappointed yesterday. Chicken tacos is my favourite and to say it was underwhelming pains me deeply. This is usually a satisfying meal for me but it seems the staff are now skimping on the filling. My servers put in about 4 tiny pieces of chicken, less than a thimble full of salsa and she almost seemed to be counting the shreds of cheese ! All done whilst chatting to the person on the till and ignoring my request for lettuce.

My daughter and I visited at 5.30pm and there were only 3 people ahead of us in the queue. Unheard of before at that time of day. I would hate to think that one of my favourite places is starting to rip off it's loyal customers over filling ingredients which cost pence to provide. We are on about our 6th free meal which gives some idea of the money we have spent in this place. I hope yesterday was a blip and not blatant penny pinching which has become the norm. If so, I will sadly be voting with my feet.

1  Thank seapoint40
John B, Owner at Boojum - Botanic Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Hi there,

Thanks very much for getting in touch with us and apologies that you had an experience in boojum recently that does not measure up to the standard you have come to expect on your regular visits.

We are definitely not skimping on ingredients, this was an error by the staff member and not at all the norm or company policy. We have had a few new additions to the team lately and unfortunately your visit must have coincided with a few teething problems with the new members of staff. Huge apologies again that this happened, the manager on duty should have caught their mistakes and we will discuss your concerns with all our managers and have them ensure that new members of staff understand proper portion sizes and receive extra training if they need it.

With regards to the server talking to the person on the till and ignoring your request for lettuce, I will ensure that all members of staff are reminded that paying attention to the customer is their number one priority. We expect friendly and attentive customer service from every member of staff, sorry that you found this not to be the case on this occasion.

Would you be able to send a quick email to info@boojummex.com to let us know which location this was (Botanic Ave or Chichester St) and if you could let us know anything else about the members of staff who served you, so we can give them further training. We value your custom and your feedback and we will work to rectify this to ensure you enjoy your next visits to boojum.

Kind regards,
John

Reviewed October 4, 2012

On tuesday i ate out of your city centre branch for my first time ever, the burrito i got i have to say was absolutely delicious and my two friends also agreed.
Today i went to the botantic with a different group of friends after convincing them to come and try, i was completely shocked. The first reason i was shocked was that the front of house staff were rude inconsiderate and generally gave me awful customer service, a smile counts alot in the business, this included the shocked look on the cashiers face when i asked for a beer with my meal. The second reason was that the chicken in the burrito was not fully cooked as i could see the pink through the flavored coating!
I was going to make the staff aware of this but if im honest i couldnt stand the sight of them any longer, as my friend got up off the stool to leave it fell as i glanced over the staff were pointing at us and wispering under the breath for me that was the last straw and the reason im on this website complaining now.

2  Thank Belfastboy5
John B, Owner at Boojum - Botanic Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thanks for getting in touch regarding boojum Botanic. I have to say, I am
a little shocked to read your comments, as we normally get rave reviews
about our staff. We hire people who we feel have bubbly, friendly
personalities as we have very high customer service standards that we
expect all staff to adhere to. We have an area manager who controls
standards at both our restaurants in Belfast, so there should not be a
difference in customer service between the two locations. In addition, we
employ mystery shoppers who dine in the restaurants once a month and
always mark staff highly for helpfulness and politeness.

We’re sorry if your visit to Botanic left you feeling that the customer
service was not up to scratch. We’ll be addressing your review with our
staff to make sure they understand the company’s policy.

Perhaps there was just a little misunderstanding on both parts? I don’t
know why a staff member would give you an odd look for ordering a beer
with your meal as we sell beer? As for the stool, could they have been
talking about something else? Sometimes if someone is being trained the
person may be whispering to them certain instructions but you mistook this
for them talking about you?

All our chicken is cooked fresh in our kitchens daily
and we have checks in place to ensure the standard of food is
consistent. Everything is temperature probed to ensure that it is
completely cooked through and ready to eat before serving. The marinade we
make and apply is dark red in colour and penetrates the chicken, which
could be why it looked pinkish in colour and mistaken for undercooked
meat.

I hope this goes someway to addressing your concerns and we hope to see
you back soon. We would welcome the chance to hear more about the date of
your visit and time you were in and other info you feel you would like to
give. Please email us at info@boojummex.com

Regards,