Open today: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM

from $16.30
from $45.70
from $9.80
7,243 results
All reviews our tour guide execution room execution chamber prison life condemned cell hanging room underground tunnel victorian times great tour wrap up warm interesting place knew his stuff interesting visit worth a visit great visit coffee shop interesting history
Reviewed December 7, 2014

I attended a business event in this venue last week. We used the governor's office for our business meeting and then into his private suite for dinner. After that the tour. The tour guide was an ex inmate no less and indeed a former escapee! That's the new Belfast for you! His knowledge of the history of this establishment was incredible - every date, every event. It's hard to know how to review this attraction as it may give lots away. There are fascinating sights and stories that I would recommend to anyone. Just go there!

Reviewed December 7, 2014

What a Great Afternoon Out in Buzzing Belfast. Tour Guide Roy had us all in stitches and choking back tears of laughter and sadness as he regaled us with heartwarming and spine tingling tales of the unexpected spanning the 150 years history of this Victorian prison set within walking distance of downtown Belfast.The touf lasts approx 75 minutes and never ceases to let go your attention throughout,as you are led up and down stairways , in and out of wings and cells that hold their own stories of real jail bird time .The master stroke of the tour is . The Hanging Cell..... Wow didn't see that one coming...and apparently neither did the poor condemned souls who spent their last hours in it. Roy delivers the Big Reveal as a true Tour De Force ...with aplomb There is a comfortable coffee shop to enjoy post tour and a busy gift shop and great photo opportunities abound throughout the site. All in All then this is a Must See in Belfast...and if you are lucky enough to get Roy as your guide then you are guaranteed a great time...

Reviewed December 7, 2014

Had the tour with Brendan who has a lot to tell and does it very well.A thought provoking hour and a bit and well worth a visit.

Not sure if I would want to have my Xmas party there which is possible! Too much pain and suffering went on there but the money has to come from somewhere.

When the courthouse opposite is eventually renovated it will really enhance the whole site.

Could do with a pedestrian crossing to get from where the bus stops to the front gate of the Crum.

Its a very dodgy road!

Reviewed December 7, 2014

I had a fantastic tour of Crumlin gaol thanks to my guide. I found out later that Brian is an actor so maybe I was particularly lucky coming across him. There was so much to take in but it was given in bite size chunks with humour and pathos and I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone. Ask for Brian Hutton..........(mind you hopefully for him he won't be there, he'll have landed a fab acting job!). I have been regaling friends with all kinds of facts ever since re. conditions, escapes, flogging, court trials, executioners who were paid but routinely fined; I could go on. One of the most memorable "facts" is that the gaol is used for events nowadays....I don't know that I would choose to get married there (yards from where people have been executed), but we are all different. Go see.

Reviewed December 7, 2014

Would highly recommend this tour. Roy was are your guard, he made the whole experience enjoyable by getting across what it would be like to be a prisoner in this jail.