Open today: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM

from $16.30
from $45.70
from $9.80
7,243 results
All reviews our tour guide execution room execution chamber prison life condemned cell hanging room underground tunnel victorian times great tour wrap up warm interesting place knew his stuff interesting visit worth a visit great visit coffee shop interesting history
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great tour. Gave you a first hand insight into what the poor prisons endured while waiting to be hung.

Crumlin_Road_Gaol, Manager at Crumlin Road Gaol, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Hi dianem252,

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of your tour at the Crumlin Road Gaol. I am delighted that you enjoyed it and that your tour guide also made a positive impression. I will ensure the rest of the team are aware of your positive comments.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our tour of the Crumlin Road Jail led by Brendan. Brendan's extensive knowledge of the history of the Gaol was evident in his informative commentary during the tour which had the right mix of fact, gravity and humour. Really interesting insight. Thank you!!

Hi TJ2506,

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is fantastic. Our tour guide Brendan was great craic. The jail is very interesting with lots of interesting history and you get to see a lot more than other places. You even get to see the hanging cell and an original flogging rack! The only slight criticism is most has been restored to Victorian era when I would have quite liked to have seen some of it as it was during the troubles.

Hi Heather C

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Well worth a visit, staff very knowledgable and full off surprises. A must for locals and visitors alike.

1  Thank Excursion802704
Crumlin_Road_Gaol, Manager at Crumlin Road Gaol, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Hi Marlene&John,

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have to admit I was a little sceptical as to how a 'jail' could be interesting, but wow, what a place!

The tour consisted of visiting the reception area where prisoners were photographed, stripped and washed before being taken down to the cell. Next it was into the very creepy and cold underground tunnel that links the prison to the courthouse - somewhere I really wouldn't want to stay on my own! Then we saw some of the cells themselves out in the wings before being taken to the condemned man's cell - I'll not say too much otherwise it'll spoil your visit but it definitely has the shock factor!

Neil was our guide and he was superb! He was extremely knowledgeable, his voice was clear and he made the tour both humorous and enjoyable.

Would I return again? Yes I probably would - you'd hear and see something different on each visit. In fact I would love to do the paranormal tour this autumn - with so many people passing through its doors there is bound to be activity here!

Not so much a criticism but something to include would be give more information about some of the personal histories of notorious inmates; the crimes they committed, the length of their stay, stories of the lives of individual prisoners whilst behind bars etc.

All in all, a fantastic visit. I'll certainly recommend!

Hi Michael L,