“Tasty 2 course lunch for £9.95”
Review of Nick's Warehouse - CLOSED

Nick's Warehouse
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Award winning restaurant in the heart of Belfast's cultural district 'The Cathedral Quarter'. Celebrity chef Nick Price opened Nick's in 1989 and is still behind the stove today. Sourcing the best local produce from around the province, Nicks established itself as the doyenne of modern restaurants in Northern Ireland.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Had a very tasty lunch here on a wet Tuesday. Goats cheese, beetroot and hazelnut salad was a real hit and mussels in white wine sauce were "delicious" according to the other half. The mains of Lamb madras and Chorizo & seafood stew were both excellent. Terrific value for £9.95. A great strong cup of Coffee topped it all off.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

13 of us reserved a table upstairs, waiter was bit clumsy and disinterested. Good choice of food but overpriced esp. with the 10% service charge due to parties of 5 or more ( is that standard for such a small no. of people?) Food came down which looked beautiful on the plate but very meagre amounts, a side order of mushy peas and wedges for a table of 13, you could only take one wedge & teaspoonful of peas if you were lucky, dessert too was very expensive & bland i.e. cheesecake. The tin cap on it was that after we had paid over £600 for our food we were told politely to leave our table and make our way to the bar if we wished as we could only occupy the table for a max of 2hrs. Wouldn't go back or recommend to friends, on the plus side I was having a bit of a session afterwards so there was plenty of space in my system for a few extra pints......

1  Thank Brian T
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Was really looking forward to this restaurant but this has to be one of the worst meals I had in a long time. The staff were great but the food poor, had seabass which I actually thought it was off- my partner said the same of the prawns. Maybe we hit a bad night or the usual chef was on holidays we left hungry and very disappointed.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

One of the worst restaurant I've visited in the last months. Very expensive. The food quality was average /below average, but the service was TERRIBLE. We asked for some starters to share and they put a plate in the middle of the table without providing a plate to eat in.
I said twice that the steak (it was not a fillet!) was not so good (for 22£ i expect to eat an amazing plate) but didn't react in any way...
NOT SUGGESTED TO ANYONE!

1  Thank Fabio S
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We have be meaning to come to this restaurant for the last number of years. We arrived on a Thursday evening and the place was buzzing. We hadn't booked but we were able to get a table.

I am lucky that we have a couple of really good restaurants close to us and therefore we don't travel into Belfast for food that often.

I ordered the duck terrine for starter and my husband ordered the pigeon. Both courses were excellent and the dates and beetroot complemented the terrine beautifully. I had the hake and prawns for main course and ordered the vegetables to go with it. The hake was cooked to perfection and the prawns were delish. I hadn't planned to go for a pudding but I was tempted by the creme brulee. I was so glad I was tempted by it as it was the best creme brulee I tasted in years.

The staff were very attentive and sometimes the service was nearly too fast as I like time to digest each course. It is quite expensive for a Thursday night out however there was a cheaper menu unfortunately my hubby and I were tempted by items on the a la carte menu.