“Wow”
Review of Nick's Warehouse - CLOSED

Nick's Warehouse
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Award winning restaurant in the heart of Belfast's cultural district 'The Cathedral Quarter'. Celebrity chef Nick Price opened Nick's in 1989 and is still behind the stove today. Sourcing the best local produce from around the province, Nicks established itself as the doyenne of modern restaurants in Northern Ireland.
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The menu selection, the divine food, the ever so professional staff and the WINE SELECTION! It's definitely only for special occasions...

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We had an early dinner as we were going to the theatre, so unfortunately we were the first diners. However this did not take from the fact the food was really great .

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We had planned to go to a different restaurant in the Cathedral Quarter but didn't care for the menu posted outside. We ambled along alleyways and were intrigued by Nick's menu. It was very peaceful for a Friday night; guess we were dining early at 6:45 p.m. Service was friendly and smiling, food was very nice. I had the chicken balloutine with mash and truffle popcorn (weird but tasty) and my friend had the lamb which she also enjoyed. We ordered some bread and dipping sauce to start--I love Irish soda bread and there were three different varieties as well as olive tapenade and three varieties of dipping oils. We finished with the Baileys panecotta which was very subtle in flavor. Not one bit sorry that we chose Nick's!

Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

The food was tasty (good but not great), albeit a tad pricey for what was served, and the restuarant was lovely, well presented and clean.

I wasnt too impressed however with the soup kitchen located directly outside serving freebies to Belfasts homeless population. Not really what you want to negotiate when going out for a meal.

What really unimpressed me was the robotic waitress with the forced smile. She never once asked how our meal was, nor did she offer us any more drinks after the first round.

More annoyingly though was her complete lack of addressing an issue i raised. Namely my starter. I ordered Thai Fishcake which i admittedly misread as Fishcakes (ie more than one). I asked said robot about this as one tiny fishcake is nowhere near enough. She told me she would investigate however completely ignored the issue. It wasnt until i asked for the bill that she informed me that i was mistaken (ie singular fishcake) before walking away again.

Now i have no issue with being mistaken, but if a customer raises a complaint, at least have the courtesy of addressing it without having to be prompted.

Result= no tip and no return visit which is a shame as everything else about Nicks would merit a return.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Fantastic service, very reasonable prices and the owner is extremely friendly and helpful. Situated in nice area in the Cathederal Quarter