“oasis in the dessert”
Review of Metro Kitchen - CLOSED

Metro Kitchen
Cuisines: Irish, European, British
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Queen's Quarter
Description: Towns used to have town squares. A central space where people gathered. A place where ideas were shared, where art was born, where businesses were started and philosophies debated. Possibility lived here. It was the heart of the city. We want to be the town square Belfast doesn't have.
“oasis in the dessert”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

On our first night in Belfast we found ourselves in the Queens area, full of takeaways and fast food joints. We stumbled across Metro Brasserie a haven. With the low lighting and relaxed atmosphere it seemed perfect. A choice of 3 menus but I finally settled on the Goats cheese starter it was superb, I am no food expert but it was bursting with flavours and the best thing I've tasted in years. For my main I went for the burger which was delicious but far too large for me I just couldn't finish it. The service was excellent without being obtrusive and the final bill was only £41 for two people. Well worth a visit.

• Visited May 2013

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Let down”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have been to this restaurant on many occasions and with many groups of people and just my wife and myself ,and have never been dissapointed. Until now. We went with two friends to have a sunday night treat. The waitress was very helpfull and well versed in her roll, but the food was a let down. Smoked fish was not smoked and was dry and tasteless.
Starter of squid was overcooked and tough. Three different soups in three mugs is just daft. Not a good experience. Please make it as it was.I will not be back. Shame.

• Visited April 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Recommended good food - great service”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Working in Belfast recently, not sure where to go for an evening meal as there is a long street of eateries and take-aways where the Metro is located. Bit worried on entering as there wasn't many dining. The decor was nice though. The lovely, helpful waitress explained the menu and our group opted for the great value early bird - two courses and a glass of house wine (about £15).The lads ordered burgers as a meal and I opted for belly pork - all meals substantial, really tasty, nicely cooked. Worth a visit - I wasn't disappointed - home cooked food when your away from home. Really good service too, attentive but not intrusive, however it was quiet.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Lisa O
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Lovely Mother's Day”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We had a lovely meal today, 10.03.13 for Mother's Day. There were 6 in our party and we all easily made a choice from a great menu.
The staff were friendly and couldn't have been more accommodating.
I will be recommending the Metro Brasserie to my family and friends.
All our meals were excellent.
Can't wait for our next visit.

• Visited March 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Dinner & a Gig!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

on the 22.2.13, we had ticket to see Tom Baxter at The Empire, Belfast. We booked a meal in the Metro Brasserie, which is just across the road from the Empire. The moment we arrived, we were shown to our table. When given our menus we were asked for our drinks order. My husband and I had the 2 course menu with a complimentary glass of wine. My husband had the Trio of Soup and I had the Lemon Scented Risotto with Prawn and Mussels. Our second course comprised of Slow Roast Pork Belly and I had the burger. The food was excellent, as was the service. The waiting staff could not have done more for us. We both felt that the service and food was excellent and would definitely eat there again.

• Visited February 2013